Zoom MRS-1044

Boots

I've been wanting to buy a digital recorder and have been trying to find the best unit that's under a 1,000 bones. The Zoom MRS-1044 seems to be a good unit for $699US.

- 10 tracks (6 mono & 2 stereo)
- built-in effects
- 100 virtual tracks (10 per track)
- midi out
- optical out
- 20 GB Internal Hard Drive
- No Compression

The only thing I don't like about the MRS-1044 (from what I have read) are the two (2) simultaneous tracks. I wish it had at least four (4) for micing drums.

Does anybody own a MRS-1044? If so, is it worth the money or should I look at buying something else?

Maybe I would be better off building a bad ass computer and installing a pro audio sound card and using it as a DAW. But it would be a pain hauling a puter around.

Scott

Buy one. Do it now.

I have had mine since November. There is NO better deal for the money. This thing rocks.

Uh, Boots: I see you are from Dayton. Me, too!

The MRS actually DOES have compression. It is built into some of the effects and mastering algorithms. I think it can be selected individually, too.

Legume,

Do you still live in Dayton?

I noticed that there is a USB card as an option - but was wondering about the optical out port on the back. Do they make a PC card that has an optical in port?

I think the optical port would be quieter than the USB. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Scott

Boots and Legume,

I just bought the CD version a month ago. It has a 40 GB drive AND a CD burner. Also, something that wasn't clear when I was researching -- you can mix directly to the Hard Drive.

Once you have the mix done you can burn it.
Also, you can burn a "list" of projects (Called an Album), which have a mix on the Master Track, to a CD in one swoop.

Keep in touch
TracksMan

Calling all Zoomers

Go to Visitor Feedback, maybe we can talk the powers that be into a Zoom forum.

Go put in your 2 cents.

GT

Back