Zoom H3 Handy Recorder

Nugagerube

Does anyone have experience with the Zoom H3 Handy Recorder? Is it a good recorder? good sound quality? It seems pretty practical like an audio recorder (for use in lectures and stuff) but for music. Does it pick up guitar and vocals well?

I've got an H4, didn't know they had an H3. It's reasonable, I've recorded practices with it and it sounds OK. It's not something that you'd put on a cd and listen to in your car. You can hook it up to a pc and use it as an interface but I've never used it that way.

Here's a sample of a practice I recorded. If I remember right I had a monitor pointed at it to pick up vocals and keys and everything else if coming off amps. It' AAC so hope you have quick time or itunes.

http://www.mdfotography.com/Songs/TheMiddle.m4a

For under $100 the H3 should be ok but I'm in the same boat as TetraFish as a proud owner of the H4n and it is an incredible unit! just google it up to understand it's full potential.

TetraFish are you a chef as well?

:cool:

For under $100 the H3 should be ok but I'm in the same boat as TetraFish as a proud owner of the H4n and it is an incredible unit! just google it up to understand it's full potential.

TetraFish are you a chef as well?

I thought about getting the H4 but figured I'd get the PreSonue AudioBox instead. its half the price and I assume better at recording.

It seems to have trouble with windows 7 vista per a lot of inquires to presonus home page.

And it is only an interface where as the H4n is a stand alone recorder/interface up to 4 channels plus a whole lot more.

Back