Zoom effects processor

ditnoj said:
Howdy

Anybody ever use a Zoom Studio 1201 reverb and multi effects? Have a chance to get one used.

thanks

D out ITNOJ

Only Zoom product is a Zoom 505 efx box. In general, Zoom efx boxes are generally noisy including the RFX 100 & 200 of which the 200 I sold after month and a half of ownership.
Don;t know why I responded as I did not answer your question.
Just my .01 worth of advice.

I like to warp and distort sounds. I bought a 1201 a few years ago mainly because of bank "C" of the effects: ring modulator, distortion, auto-filter, lo-fi, etc. I instantly fell in love with it. I went back a couple of weeks later and bought a second one. They are still some of my favorite effects. The "regular" effects, like delay and reverb, are OK, but certainly nothing special. Noise hasn't been an issue for me because I'm usually thrashing whatever I'm running through it anyway. I've found over the years that cheap effects units will often have personality and color that more expensive units do not. This is not always a good thing, but they can be a lot of fun and take you in directions you may not have discovered otherwise. If it's cheap, I say go for it.

Mark

I recorded some stuff in a little project studio that had a zoom and
an alesis midi-verb 4. The zoom had pretty crappy reverbs in comparison but for effects it rocked. I think it has really cheap converters and it sounded really 'analogue'

Back