Zoom 1204

You know, Jim I think you and I are living almost parallel lives. You have an FD-4 as do I. You are asking about a ZOOM 1204, I own a 1201! I think it is real quiet with a ton of reverbs, chorus, flange and delay effects. I don't know how similar the 1204 is, but I would imagine the S/N specs are the same or better. Works good with my FD-4.

Thanks Bob. So often, guitar effects companies get a bad rep. But Zoom has a decent "bang for the buck" if you invest a little more than $99. I can't remeber, but the 1201 is all presets? Or you can chage the effect's parameters? I guess that is why I was looking at the 1204, it had that capability, or so the ad made it look. I'm glad to hear these things are quiet, I certainly don't want to add noise.

Peace, Jim

Jim, I don't have a musicainsfriend catalog handy so I don't know how similar the 1204 and 1201 are. I paid 149.00 for mine and I think that was a good deal for what I got. I've had a zoom 505 for my guitar for some time and that is pretty hard to beat for its range of effects and ability to vary them, and use them together. (I even wrote a windows program to keep track of all the diffeent possible patches.) Zoom has a pretty decent drum machine as well. Anyway the 1201 has 11 different reverbs and each has 11 SUBTLE variations. You can control the reverb time and wet/dry mix. In addition it has a range of chorus, flanger, delay, pitch and interesting voice effects that can be used together or on seperate left/right channels. So with the FD-4 for example, you can use the single 1201 to give you delay on send/return 1 and reverb on send/return 2. Truthfully, I'm not all that experienced in home recording (I've just got all this stuff during the last couple months, but I think it is pretty quiet in the recordings I've made so far.

Back