Zippidy Doo Daa!!!

JesusFreak

Thanks everyone for your advice these last few weeks...I FINALLY GOT MY GEAR!!! Whoo hooo...

So Blue Bear...does this mean that I can start charging $100 an hour for recording people?? I'm sure that they won't mind if I break them in on my equipment...and I'm sure they won't mind paying for my learning curve....

Just kidding....just refering to a past thread that a guy wanted to do that and Blue had a bit to say about it...Just trying a little HR humor.

Anyway..wish me luck on getting this stuff all hooked up right and getting starting making some good sounding recordings...

Thanks again guys...I'll let you know how it goes...

God Bless!!

Congrats, Geez. Just post the whole list out so we can see which way you went, and remember- the best way to pay back all the people who give their time to help you here is to tell us all what worked and what didn't. That's the only way people get the satisfaction of knowing that they *really * helped you out. And the gear that really doesn't work out, sell it to me cheap! And BTW, did you get a lava lamp? If you didn't, don't blame me that you are doomed to obscurity. Also, if you can find someone dumb enough to pay you $100/hr, what the hell- make it $200.-Richie

ok...here is the gear list...I know some of it might make you gear nuts kringe but for the price they gave me on some of this stuff...I had to go for it..

Korg D1600 Digital Multitrack Workstation
2X - dbx 166XL Comp/Limiter/Gate
2X - Presonas Blue Tube mic-pre
JBL LSR 25P Nearfield monitors
3X - Shure SM57
2X - Octava MK-319 condensor mics
Buncha cables, mic stands, headphone amp, shock mounts, pop filters, mo-pads...

That about covers my initial investment....got everything for about $3600 (US).

Will have to wait a few weeks for me to break this stuff in to let you guys know how everything worked out...but from what I can see...I should be fine for a while.....until that itch starts....that nervous little itch....that....subtle...little....burning....feeling.....telling you to BUY ANOTHER PIECE OF GEAR!!!! :)

Anyway....if any of you guys have some tips on how to make this setup work better for me...feel free to let me know...Thanks again for the advice everyone!!

God Bless!

P.S.

Thanks for the wishes Track Rat and Spinster...

Oh Yeah...Lava Lamp is next on my list...can't believe I almost doomed myself from the start..:)

God Bless!

Glad to hear your up and running. Post some MP3s for us to hear when they're done. Good luck and have a blast! :D

God Bless this whole thread...

Ahh what the heck..God Bless this whole site...

Now post some music you freak! :D

Barometer: I will definately do that as soon as I have some stuff down...And thanks for wishing me luck...I'll probably need more than luck though for a newbie like me to make good sounding stuff..I'll let God take care of that..:),

Vox: I'm working on it man!!! :)

God Bless this thread, forum, site...yeah..and everyone!!!

Back