Zip to VF-16 converter cable.

philsaudio

I am going to get a zip drive from ebay. The only problem I see is the interface cable. The Fostex manual says the connector is a 25 pin half pitch scsi connector for mac.

I looked at the back of mine and it is a 48 pin female connector. WTFO?

Can anyone tell me the model number of the cable you used to get from the back of the zip drive to the VF-16? If you do not know the model number or brand, can you tell me what to ask for in google or at a store?

Thanks in advance.

Wild Phil Harmonica

Which SCSI drive? 100 mb or 250?
The VF16 uses a 50 pin. Some Iomega drives came with a 25 pin/50 pin adapter.

I have a SCSI zip 250 for sale and I can throw in the right cable and adapter for ya. Let me know if you're interested.

I counted the pins again and the VF has a 50 pin female (sockets) small connector. I bought a SCSI zip 100 external on ebay. How much do you want for the 250?

Woh.. I just sold a scsi zip 100 on ebay....
I'll take $75 and that includes 3 disks, cable plus adapter.

100 mb doesn't go far for backing up. Although it is handy that you can span a back-up across multiple disks.

I just bought a 100 for $20 on ebay. I have an internal 100 zip on one of the pc's in my network and about 25 zip disks, and I just want to fly tracks from VF to DAW. From there I would back up to CD.

I use a 2G SCSI Jaz drive to backup. it has 50-pin male/female connectors.
I got it for about $90 at Comp Usa. It's a re-furb, but I've never had a problem with it. The disks, on the other hand are pricey. About $120, but I'm sure you can do better.
Actually, since the ZIP 100's don't offer that much storage, this is a better way to go.

Tony

Back