YSM1p

Ziller

Anyone know if Yorkville has started distributing those active YSMs yet, and if so, where to get them (in the US)?

?

THanks Gidge, but I must not have had enought coffee yet, or something, cause I'm not seeing it. I'm looking for the YSM1p, the active YSM1's.

i called for someone not long ago (within the last month) and they had them....i think they were $429/pair......give them a call....they always have the best price on Yorkvilles and they ship for free......

Re: ?

Ziller said:
THanks Gidge, but I must not have had enought coffee yet, or something, cause I'm not seeing it. I'm looking for the YSM1p, the active YSM1's.

Ziller,
You need to click on the "invertory" link on the page that Gidge pointed you too! Then look for a link to "speakers powered" after that. They have them there for $409.

scodu

Yo Ziller:

I have the YSM-1 passives; they are good speakers considering their price. You'll enjoy them.

I've not heard a great deal about the active YSM monitors but if Yorkville follows with quality, they should be a dandy set.

Green Hornet

passives

Well, if I go with passive, the difference would be $230, which should be enough for a decent amp to power them. And, I could alway use my stereo amp for a while, though it's an old pioneer which probably colors the sound quite a bit.

Yo Ziller:

I think your amp will work fine. I use a Yamaha integrated amp to run my rig and this unit has a "by-pass" button which allows the "original" signal to be heard without any coloration from the Yam amp. A very nice feature. You might think about that if you decide to get an integrated amp. My amp runs two tape decks, a CD, a phone [yea, verily I still have one], and it has AUX for DAT and it runs two sets of speakers -- quite a nice amp.

So, if the passives fit your purposes, use the other money to have more fun.

Green Hornet:D :p :p :cool:

Back