You've Got A Friend - Cover

Rick Shepherd

Just sharing a new home recording of this Carol King tune that was also recorded by James Taylor.

Signal chain was as follows:

Voice: Blue Kiwi Microphone --> UA LA-610 Channel Strip --> UA 2192 AD/DA converter --> Computer w/ EMU 1212m soundcard --> Sonar Producer software

Guitar: Blue Kiwi and Peluso 2247LE mics into the Avalon AD2022 preamp --> UA 2192 --> Computer

This is an mp3 file.

You've Got a Friend

Rick,

Stoked to see you posting another JT cover!.

It's been far too long since you've been heard from.

Hey thanks 60's guy! Thanks for the comments! I haven't been doing as much singing and playing since I had quadruple bypass surgery three years ago, but I am trying to get back into the groove of practicing. I hope I sound half-way decent at least. Hopfully, I will be posting more recordings of similar artists. Thanks for your support and responses!

Man I love love love that guitar tone.And the playing is fantastic.Great balance with the guitar and vocals.Great emotion in your vocals.Good recording technique.just the right amount of reverb.Wish I could lay a harmony vocal on that.Would you be interested for the hell of it?Sorry,I just get excited when I here someone sing and play with such conviction.Very good

Back