YouTube Channels That Give Music Tutorials?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Oh my fucking god, dude. Take a breath for a minute. I'm sorry you feel victimized. I don't know about anyone else, but it truly was not my intention to make you this goddamn defensive. I was just curious if you actually record anything. You don't, so I got my answer and that's all I wanted to know. We're good. You have to understand why some people might be jaded and skeptical though. You don't understand, so I'll tell you - you're about the umpteen trillionth youtube superstar "promoter" to roll through here. So naturally you will be met with skepticism from people that have seen and heard it all before.

I might be able to save you some hassle by telling you that to the best of my knowledge, there aren't many serious youtubers here. We play music, we record music, we write music, we generally don't shoot much video of music or related topics. If you wanna make friends, go out into the other topics and make yourself useful.

Jesus christ dude, you do protest too much. I don't give a single fuck what the hell you do here or on youtube. I'll never watch your videos. It's not personal, I just don't want or need rank-beginner's advice from a beginner. I was just curious if you actually record anything.

No need to get upset just having simple conversations and fun here man, you made points I responded to those points pretty simple. Watching my videos or not isn't important to me, you have already helped me a lot by ginving me your opinons on your first thoughts when you see a YT thumnail with someone in sunglasses on it.
If you think I'm a beginner for whatever reason, cool, I am definately in the process of getting better everyday. I'm better today then 10 years ago, Ill be better tomorrow than I am today. I'm glad you see room for improvment, that means I can work on it.

you have already helped me a lot by ginving me your opinons on your first thoughts when you see a YT thumnail with someone in sunglasses on it.

Lol. I don't know how that helps, but hey, whatever it's all good. :)

I wear sunglasses too...when I'm outside...in the sun. :cool: <<<< me in sunglasses

Continue to engage. :D
You have to ask yourself, am I here as a student, or as a teacher?
For sure, those overlap as things aren't just black and white.
However if you, in your mind, come here to teach, be prepared to be scrutinized.

Show some goods, show what you got. That's what Greg_L was referring to.
He has shitloads of time, posts, and music on here.

If you are here to teach, you're gonna go through a vetting process. People will figure out real quick if you have something to offer or are full of shit.
:D

Me, I have very little to offer, so I offer little and ask questions for the most part. I ain't no pro despite having done music for a long time. I'm still learning every day. Especially in this new age of digital.

On that note, seeing how I have little to offer, I'm out of this thread. Already wasted too much bandwidth. Lol

Good luck to you.

Yes, it was NOT a call-out. I was not saying "put up or shut up". I was saying, if you have recordings, then post them. That will serve you better in here than just general info videos. This site is ultimately about recording, not videos.

Lol. Oh my fucking god, dude. Take a breath for a minute. I'm sorry you feel victimized. I don't know about anyone else, but it truly was not my intention to make you this goddamn defensive. I was just curious if you actually record anything. You don't, so I got my answer and that's all I wanted to know. We're good. You have to understand why some people might be jaded and skeptical though. You don't understand, so I'll tell you - you're about the umpteen trillionth youtube superstar "promoter" to roll through here. So naturally you will be met with skepticism from people that have seen and heard it all before.

I might be able to save you some hassle by telling you that to the best of my knowledge, there aren't many serious youtubers here. We play music, we record music, we write music, we generally don't shoot much video of music or related topics. If you wanna make friends, go out into the other topics and make yourself useful.

Haha I'm not upset at all, the opposite actually. I type alot yes, now you can see why I like video haha, I don't feel victimized or anything this is the breeding ground for how to develop. If you want to try to back hand insult me with phrases like "You don't record" thats perfect with me, I know I do record so its not like I am going to take it seriously haha ;)

No need to start to get hasty or annoyed, I just think its funny I have to explain that I'm not here to promote or be a YT superstar over and over again. lol

Forums are growing everyday, more people use YT then every before the likelyhood that someone will want to come here to show their channel and talk about other YT'ers that make music is pretty high considering you just said I'm the umpteen trillionth youtuber to come here, the others just got bullied until they left I assume? Im sure 98% were just here to get views but there is always that 2% that will be here to actually engage and be apart of the community.

Just because people make videos, doesnt mean they make any less music, or record less music or write less music. In this thread alone there are 2 people with YT channels. Thats a good start to me.

Ill end my next long post with I believe I am making myself useful. lol :)

Continue to engage. :D
You have to ask yourself, am I here as a student, or as a teacher?
For sure, those overlap as things aren't just black and white.
However if you, in your mind, come here to teach, be prepared to be scrutinized.

He has shitloads of time, posts, and music on here.

If you are here to teach, you're gonna go through a vetting process. People will figure out real quick if you have something to offer or are full of shit.

Me, I have very little to offer, so I offer little and ask questions for the most part. I ain't no pro despite having done music for a long time. I'm still learning every day. Especially in this new age of digital.

On that note, seeing how I have little to offer, I'm out of this thread. Already wasted too much bandwidth. Lol

Good luck to you.

Thanks for the honesty thats awesome! We need more of that in this crazy world of music.

Haha I'm not upset at all, the opposite actually. I type alot yes, now you can see why I like video haha, I don't feel victimized or anything this is the breeding ground for how to develop. If you want to try to back hand insult me with phrases like "You don't record" thats perfect with me, I know I do record so its not like I am going to take it seriously haha ;)

No need to start to get hasty or annoyed, I just think its funny I have to explain that I'm not here to promote or be a YT superstar over and over again. lol

Forums are growing everyday, more people use YT then every before the likelyhood that someone will want to come here to show their channel and talk about other YT'ers that make music is pretty high considering you just said I'm the umpteen trillionth youtuber to come here, the others just got bullied until they left I assume? Im sure 98% were just here to get views but there is always that 2% that will be here to actually engage and be apart of the community.

Just because people make videos, doesnt mean they make any less music, or record less music or write less music. In this thread alone there are 2 people with YT channels. Thats a good start to me.

Lol. Uh yeah. Okay then.

Just because people make videos, doesn't mean they make any less music, or record less music or write less music. In this thread alone there are 2 people with YT channels. Thats a good start to me.

My personal rant on this (take it for what it is worth):

The fact that you are here promoting that you know how to 'promote' something that you have not yet shown that you have experience in producing yourself, makes me wonder what your intentions are.

If you indeed have insight to give to members here as to how to make money with their studios, then you need to show how and what you have done. Otherwise it comes across as simple trolling for site hits.

No offense to you personally but it comes across as bullshit if you do not have the experience/product behind you. I don't go out of my way to tell people how to make money recording bands (you call artists) because I do make money recording bands on a regular basis. That involves over $30G in gear and studio treatment and 40 years of experience finding out what works best in my particular setup and the 'artists' desire or talent to begin with.

Yeah, any musician has something to offer and finding what that is and expanding on that is very important to me, but it ain't about making money doing it. I will not allow someone in my studio who sucks. Well, funeral devotion songs are allowed, but I do not do this to make money. I have a completely separate business that allows me to afford this recording/hobby thing. It is about being involved in the project. Not just to make a wage recording crap. I have a shit ton of recorded material to back up what I do and have done for years. I don't tell other people how to do it themselves because I know that that isn't even possible.

Just my opinion. Not trying to rag on you JP, but you have to take off the sunglasses and quit being so nice at some point. I appreciate that you have a personality that wishes to share, but I am not sure you are sharing with the audience you are looking for here. You really gotta back yourself up here man.

The long term members here do the work. The new members look to take shortcuts. You are giving advice for neither as I see so far.

My personal rant on this (take it for what it is worth):

The fact that you are here promoting that you know how to 'promote' something that you have not yet shown that you have experience in producing yourself, makes me wonder what your intentions are.

If you indeed have insight to give to members here as to how to make money with their studios, then you need to show how and what you have done. Otherwise it comes across as simple trolling for site hits.

No offense to you personally but it comes across as bullshit if you do not have the experience/product behind you. I don't go out of my way to tell people how to make money recording bands (you call artists) because I do make money recording bands on a regular basis. That involves over $30G in gear and studio treatment and 40 years of experience finding out what works best in my particular setup and the 'artists' desire or talent to begin with.

Yeah, any musician has something to offer and finding what that is and expanding on that is very important to me, but it ain't about making money doing it. I will not allow someone in my studio who sucks. Well, funeral devotion songs are allowed, but I do not do this to make money. I have a completely separate business that allows me to afford this recording/hobby thing. It is about being involved in the project. Not just to make a wage recording crap. I have a shit ton of recorded material to back up what I do and have done for years. I don't tell other people how to do it themselves because I know that that isn't even possible.

Just my opinion. Not trying to rag on you JP, but you have to take off the sunglasses and quit being so nice at some point. I appreciate that you have a personality that wishes to share, but I am not sure you are sharing with the audience you are looking for here. You really gotta back yourself up here man.

The long term members here do the work. The new members look to take shortcuts. You are giving advice for neither as I see so far.

I appreciate the critisicism jimmy69, thanks so much for leaving it. I understand your views that you think it would be pointless to try to show someone how to make money in a home studio. I have quite a few more videos then just the one about how to make money but I do think that the subject is important. Do I think it takes 30G of gear and 40 years experience? Definately not, there are people out there working making money and creating great music everyday with less gear and less experience then that.

I agree its not all about the money, I don't do this only to make money either, I do this because I love it. Making money is a crucial step for a lot of musicians so that we can do it as much as possible instead of letting our jobs get in the way. I too have a completly seperate business that helps me fund my projects and family and its film making/wedding videos/music videos.

I also don't think I ever promoted how to promote somthing. My video isn't about promoting, neither is this thread or the reason I'm here. lol
I'm confused how you would like me to show how and what I've done? I showed how with my video, but show what I've done when it comes to making money with what?? A bank statement "not serious" haha

Its your perogative if you dont want to go out of your way to tell people how to make money recording bands, but I do want to go out of my way to teach people tips and techniques with music.
I have music online as well, honestly it seems to me like since I dont have 10k+ posts on this specific forum then it is impossible for me to have any knowledge worth sharing.

Haha and back to the sunglasses ;) haha its not that I'm nice just that no one can make me feel like I don't work hard or record enough to have some advice, I work like I'm addicted. I wish my wife thought I didn't work enough haha

One more point, I think "crap music" is very based on opion. I mean you might hate dubstep "not a fan either" but there are a lot of musicians making dubstep that millions of people vibe with

Also if I was looking for site or video hits this would be the worst place to do it, there have been less then 10 people on this thread. If they all watched it twice I would have 20 views. I understand that's what most people are here for, but its just funny to me that no one can believe that I'm here to start a thread for other musicans that get their tips through YT and want to share their favorite or other YT'ers who want a safe place to share their videos and ideas

t why have a site called "Miroslav Music" if there is none of Miroslav's Music?

Because as I said...I'm working on new music and I took down the shit from 8-9 years ago...my choice...
...but I'm not going to take down my website in-between just to prevent someone like you who is going to go digging to try and prove something. :D

That's the point...you're here to primarily promote your YT channel...OK, that's fine...but don't assume that everyone here is trying to do the same as you. People here are mostly into the art of recording...not image promoting (well, maybe a few).

I'm just saying, if your "product" is going to be some sort of *instructional* video...do it so there's something more to the content instead of all the focus on "image".

For image promoting...you should go try FutureProducers.com...you'll do a lot better there as that site is all about image and lots of beats, and guys talking like they've been in the business for decades, though many just got started...but they're all "producas".

.... techniques with music.

OK...where's those instructional videos?
The real hands-on stuff...not just stuff you hear on Pensado's Place and then you paraphrase it in some generic infommercial video.

Because as I said...I'm working on new music and I took down the shit from 8-9 years ago...my choice...
...but I'm not going to take down my website in-between just to prevent someone like you who is going to go digging to try and prove something. :D

That's the point...you're here to primarily promote your YT channel...OK, that's fine...but don't assume that everyone here is trying to do the same as you. People here are mostly into the art of recording...not image promoting (well, maybe a few).

I'm just saying, if your "product" is going to be some sort of *instructional* video...do it so there's something more to the content instead of all the focus on "image".

For image promoting...you should go try FutureProducers.com...you'll do a lot better there as that site is all about image and lots of beats, and guys talking like they've been in the business for decades, though many just got started...but they're all "producas".

OK...where's those instructional videos?
The real hands-on stuff...not just stuff you hear on Pensado's Place and then you paraphrase it in some generic infommercial video.

Haha I never said to delete your page just saying it was confusing for someone that goes there for your music, a simple edit of the text would help make it clear to people who are there to get your music or buy your album.

Again, not here to promote a YT channel, lol I don't get why that is so hard for people to accept. Just because I said hey here is what I do immediately people have to assume I'm here for a different reason?

Also never said anyone else needs to make videos but if they want to they should feel free, all I stated was you obviously are promoting your YT page by posting it thousands of times on here.

My product isn't based on image if I recall correctly your the one that made it about the sunglasses. I could say your video was about image because of your shirt, it wouldn't be true but that's my point.

Also never claimed I've been in the business for decades more like a decade of recording and mixing. I don't think I've ever claimed to be a produca lol either.

What would you like me to make a video about "setting a Multiband compressor to handle low mids in a guitar track without aggressive eq?" Lol would that be specific enough ;)

Don't get upset man we were just having fun, you picked on me so I picked on you back. If you dish it make sure you can take it. You have given me real advice I don't want that lost amongst what looks like a little argument between us your a great guitar player and have helped me a ton

Haha I never said to delete your page just saying it was confusing for someone that goes there for your music, a simple edit of the text would help make it clear to people who are there to get your music or buy your album.

Why do you keep thinking that I'm required to have stuff on my website for you to find?
You really need to take off the sunglasses because I think you're having reading comprehension issues. :D

I'll say it again a different way...my site is intentionally in a semi-offline state. I will decide when to post new music on my website and open it up, and promote it on the interwebs. I'm just not as hung up as you are about posting shit all over the place.
If I was posting my links all over the place and promoting my stuff, like you are...that would be a different thing, and you would have a valid point about the lack of music content.

You're getting way too defensive and bothered that people are saying your video content is mediocre/generic and generally lacking in anything actually "instructional" (which is how you pitched it).
If you are going to make YT videos and pimp them all over the interwebs...get use to the idea that it takes more than sunglasses and image, because many people will quickly see through that fluff, as they have done here. :)

Why do you keep thinking that I'm required to have stuff on my website for you to find?
You really need to take off the sunglasses because I think you're having reading comprehension issues. :D

I'll say it again a different way...my site is intentionally in a semi-offline state. I will decide when to post new music on my website and open it up, and promote it on the interwebs.
If I was posting my links all over the place and promoting my stuff, like you are...that would be a different thing, and you would have a valid point about the lack of music content.

You're getting wau too defensive and bothered that people are saying your video content is mediocre/generic and generally lacking in anything actually "instructional" (which is how you pitched it).
If you are going to make YT videos and pimp them all over the interwebs...get use to the idea that it takes more than sunglasses and image, because many people will quickly see through that fluff, as they have done here. :)

Lol people still thinking I'm defensive or upset. Like I said this is all in fun. Technically you do post links to your stuff all over the place btw :)

Your not "required" to do anything, and it's not for me to find. Just saying if someone is looking for your music it's difficult for them. Simple as that. It's not in a semi offline state, it is as online as any other site out there.

I mean come on man you keep trying to play on the sunglasses thing when it's pretty obvious its not changing haha I mean is there anything anyone could say to make you button up your shirt? Probably not. Also don't think I ever said instructional. I think your confusing tips with instructions.

Just like your site has tips to "drink water, and have fun" lol ;)

My video is for people trying to make money in their home studios for the first time,

I don't think you can count it as generic when I gave advice on how to get your first clients, how to start raising your rates, providing value to the artist because in the end it's their song and word of mouth will bring more, understand your running the studio out of your house so you probably don't want just anyone coming in, and start charging as soon as you've made a portfolio for yourself working for free with the local artists.

Lol they may be "general" tips but I know they have already helped people, cause they've told me haha I think it's more older people or people that just purposely try to rip it apart because I don't have 10k posts here lol it's pretty obvious.

And also, it takes more than a 70's shirt to your stomach and releasing music every 8 years to be able to be superior to any other musician lol ;)

I think to you getting defensive, I'm answering points it's called debating. Your trying to make it personal lol it's ok man calm down we are all here to make music

I think to you getting defensive, I'm answering points it's called debating. Your trying to make it personal lol it's ok man calm down we are all here to make music

Naa...that "reverse psychology" shit won't work on me...:D
I haven't been upset or defensive about anything. It's all been an amusing bunch of posts.
You made it personal when you went digging around looking for something to toss back at me.

Your new defensive move to try and talk about recording "superior" music...:laughings:...Dude, you're just making canned beats and boring non-music videos, most of us here are actually recording music....so you should stop right there.
Remember....you can here to pimp your stuff....and your so upset, that you just posted a new video complaining about audio forums.
So much for all the "fun" and "lol" stuff. :p

Oh...and please keep the sunglasses on...'cuz I think that's the only thing worth talking about in your videos.

JP, I wouldn't bother arguing with Miro! He's older than you and far more thick skinned. Welcome to the forum, mate. Looking forward to hearing what you contribute.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Direct access to the ignore function that doesn't require two visits to the user's profile would be nice. I've seen in other forums using this software where you can do it from the little menu that drops down from a user's name.

JP, I wouldn't bother arguing with Miro! He's older than you and far more thick skinned.

Exactly.
I don't get upset over this type of interweb chatter...and I'm not part of the social media generation where people think that just because they know how to pres [REC]...it somehow means they are creative.

These days, people will post videos of themselves washing dishes or shopping at Wally Mart or just talking about doing the dishes or going shopping at Wally Mart...and they think it's all very "cool" and very artistic. :)
Blogs and Vlogs and YT videos...just a lot of "look at me" nonsense for the most part...but it seems to amuse the social media generation. They are obsessed with that type of totally meaningless "art".

explained-sfw1.png

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Direct access to the ignore function that doesn't require two visits to the user's profile would be nice.

The problem with any ignore functions is that when someone else quotes the persons you are ignoring...you still have that mixed in with your thread views...so it doesn't really work.
Why even bother with an ignore function when you can simply ignore by not posting...if that is your desire.

Naa...that "reverse psychology" shit won't work on me...:D
I haven't been upset or defensive about anything. It's all been an amusing bunch of posts.
You made it personal when you went digging around looking for something to toss back at me.

Your new defensive move to try and talk about recording "superior" music...:laughings:...Dude, you're just making canned beats and boring non-music videos, most of us here are actually recording music....so you should stop right there.
Remember....you can here to pimp your stuff....and your so upset, that you just posted a new video complaining about audio forums.
So much for all the "fun" and "lol" stuff. :p

Oh...and please keep the sunglasses on...'cuz I think that's the only thing worth talking about in your videos.

Thanks for watching my new video man! I really appreciate it lol that's awesome. That video was specifically about FP but I guess the same could slightly apply here in a way.

Haha I made the joke about "superior music" because you made the joke about "sunglasses and image" it goes both ways. Like I said if you can't take it then don't dish it.

I didn't have to dig around, just click your tag which then led me to your site through YT. It could easily be argued you made it personal with the sunglasses comment in the first place which has nothing to do with music. But I liked the joke so I played along, I don't think you've learned that concept quite yet though

Lastly I still don't know what people think they will accomplish by saying things like "most of us here are actually recording music" haha yeah me too its like I would ever look at that and think "oh my god, they are right I have never actually recorded anything, what have I been doing this whole time" haha

I do record all the time as well, but you can't be upset that I release music more often then every 8 years. I mean come on ;)

I think you usually just rial people up, or get them to leave by bullying and acting "better than" but that doesn't work with me man, I am very secure in my standing with my work. The funny part is I still think we are just having fun and poking fun at each other back and forth but its slowly starting to seem like your getting real upset once someone "tosses" anything back at you.

I could care less, if you release 100 songs a day or have never released a song, or if you have 0 views or a million, I just want people to make music, and feel comfortable doing so. I just can tell those are soft spots because when I mention them you get upset and since your trying to joke with me it only seems fitting I should joke back.

ps if you could explain "canned beats" that would be great but last I checked once a "beat" has lyrics on it, its a song ;)
oh and again, it took me a minute to find your page and post my response, the part in my vlog about the forum was 3 minutes in so who really did the digging :)

thanks for the laughs miroslav your awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back