your thoughts ?

Mr.OB

i recently started playing drums, and picked up a set of pearl forum`s from local g.c. went with aquarian studio x batters, as the stockers were, well, um nasty. and assorted cymbals. i`m havin a riot learnin.

out of all the reading on this bbs, i never hear mention of them [forum`s]
i understand this is a beginner`s set, i`m cool with that. was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with them?

Forums are indeed an entry level kit - but by putting better heads on you have already gone a long way to improving the sound of your kit.

There are many Forums sold and they hold up well against the entry level kit of any other company.

Make your cymbal choices well, and if or when you decide to upgrade the kit you can keep the cymbals (which are often close to 50% of the cost of a drum setup.

Enjoy the journey!

mike h.
true words. i think i paid around 300 for the set. i purchased the crash cymbal that i liked the best, and dam near equaled the price of the kit. [see paiste sig full crash.]

hell..... it`s only money

While the forums are an economy set, they aren't bad sounding. I have a friend who has a set of them for recording at his home studio, and they sound alright with decent heads on them.

Tim

i own a set and i dont think you can get any better drums for the money! i didnt like the look of the vinyl wrapping so i took it off and stained them and put on polyuerothane. they look sweet. and they play well. i have had a lot of people ask if they were high end.

I played one a very long while ago... I remember being very plesently surprised, especially by the tom sound. Definatley invest well in your cymbals.... you can get away with good heads on a cheap kit, but cheap cymbals will always sound nasty!!!!

Back