Your thoughts on Super Audio CDs

LRosario

Super Audio....or scarlet book. Choose your pick.

I figured I'd throw this one up there.

it's been a debate around the office lately. Give your two cents. I don't even know if alot of people are aware of it, yet.

Mine:

I wasn't a believer at first, but after hearing a few albums re-released in Super audio, I think I'll be giggling like a little girl if we decide to get the capability to do that here.

I think it's the wave of the future, but it'll probably take another Limp Bisquick to really get bands jumping on the bandwagon.

LRosario said:
Super Audio....or scarlet book. Choose your pick.

I figured I'd throw this one up there.

it's been a debate around the office lately. Give your two cents. I don't even know if alot of people are aware of it, yet.

Mine:

I wasn't a believer at first, but after hearing a few albums re-released in Super audio, I think I'll be giggling like a little girl if we decide to get the capability to do that here.

I think it's the wave of the future, but it'll probably take another Limp Bisquick to really get bands jumping on the bandwagon.

I believe there are still a few issues in processing DSD where it needs to be converted either to PCM or back to analog. The technology still seems a bit "young" to me. Then there's DVD-A, kind of the beta vs. VHS format wars we saw in the past.

It's up to the consumer to see which wins out, but both sound better than 16 bit 44.1K!

masteringhouse said:
It's up to the consumer to see which wins out, but both sound better than 16 bit 44.1K!

Amen!

I think what started it off for me was when someone called it, "digital vinyl". After that, I've been on this private crusade for information. :D

Rock Star 87 said:
any stores i could get them at, and if when i do, what would i have to do during mastering to make it work.

Well, I think Best Buy keeps the SACDs in the back of the store where no one sees them.

Seriously, I think this is a dead format. There is a serious argument as to whether PCD 24/96 or DSD is better, but that's too academic for me. All I know is that I can make my own DVD-As easily and cheaply, and the installed base of DVD players is growing all the time.

Back