your thoughts on newer GRETSCH acoustics?

AlfredB

Hi there,

I am a Gretsch-o-phile, i guess...

but there is little known about the quality of their acoustics (FLATtop, not archtop!)

anybody have any experiences or thoughts?

I understand there is the G6xxx line (MIJ) and then the G3xxx to G5xxx line which is probably made in corea or china ...

thx
alfred

I don't know....I hate to generalize, but I think all the new Gretsch stuff is horrible. It's the same quality as a much-less-known company would sell, and it feels very "made in Indonesia" to me...in a bad way.

LL

i have a Gretsch acoustic that i picked up almost a year ago and its a really nice guitar made in Japan. i looked at one of the cheaper ones they have in guitar center and sort of liked it but... when i had the money it was sold and my buddy who works there said he was not sure when the next batch would be in... so i waited and then one day this used thing comes in a little higher end but only $30 more money! and its got better finish and better wood! well i played it for a long time and then talked it over and laid down some scratch for it. this guitar retales for about $1800 new and i got it a lot cheaper than that.. the siera jumbo model that you find in gutiar center sounds pretty good and the action is not bad, the finish is a little thick though. but it has Fishman pickups on it. i like this guitar just fine and i will keep it. see the picture below of me playing it

IMG_0113.jpg

Back