Your the one

Nice mix. I enjoyed listening to the song. Well done.

If I had to be critical, I would drop off just a touch of the verb on the acoustic guitar, not much, just bring it in a little. The snare drum in the chorus is fine but if only a taste thing, I would soften it a little in the verse. Its just a bit of a slap in the ears. Only talking degrees here.

There are some recording noises at the beginning and end of the mix that I would eliminate in the mixing stage. Things like guitar handling at the end of the track. You could kill that without hurting anything. There is also a ping at the beginning of the recording, almost sounds like a shotgun in the distance. Easy enough to fix. There is over six seconds of leader before the song starts. Could kill two birds with one stone.

Nice bit of work

I listened to this in the desperate hope that the misspelling of "you're" was some kind of joke. :(

The mix seems a little mono. I can hear there's a bit of stereo spread on the percussion - especially the shaker and djembe - but the piano feels straight down the middle. That, in turn, makes the piano feel a little "midi".
Otherwise, the mix seems alright. Levels seem coherent and reasonable.

Yup, good work, nice tune. The panning choices are a bit odd, the vocal is a touch pitchy in one or two spots. (I'd re-track those spots) The mix could use some life, such as layering the background vocals and giving them some spread.

Overall I really like the song.

Back