Your next annoying question...

Mixteco

Ok after a year or two messing around with different supposedly "studio quality" usb condenser mics...I've decided to get rid of those mics to local high schoolers:)

I bought an AKG Perception 100 for $45 on eBay. I got a Windows Vista laptop with usb ports. I need a usb interface ...Ive been looking at either Tascams 122L or the MAudio Fast Track Pro to power tha Perception 100. I also want that tube feel to my vocal tracks. **I'm only recording over instrumentals**

How would I go about hooking up a preamp to my usb interface? Is there a way since that saying "if there's a will, there's a way" exists:confused::D I got about $300 to spend on both the interface & preamp. My room is acoustically treated with bass traps in my corners.

I hope to get some good answers since I couldn't get a clear or definite answer thru the searche results I came up with:(

Thanx in advance!

Last edited:
How would I go about hooking up a preamp to my usb interface? Is there a way since that saying "if there's a will, there's a way" exists:confused::D I got about $300 to spend on both the interface & preamp. My room is acoustically treated with bass traps in my corners.

Well, I'd go with something that has decent pres built-in if you can. In that price range, you'll probably get better results with that than trying to buy a separate pre and interface. That's more a gut feeling than anything else, though.

I don't have any specific suggestions in the USB space, though of those two choices, I'd probably lean towards the Tascam just based on my experiences with other products from those two companies. I've never used an interface with under eight channels unless you count built-in audio hardware or a Griffin iMic.... :) You might want to ask for suggestions on interfaces in the "Computer Recording and Soundcards" section of the forum.

Thank you...I forgot I posted this in the wrong section...if one of the mods read this...plz switch it over

Back