You can get these for me for Xmas

fldrummer said:

There are some pretty crazy people in this world, is all I can say. That Paul isn't even original, is it? In the picture it looks like it once had a Bixby or trapeze bridge and was altered to the standard hardtail configuration. There appears to be some finish discoloration where the old hardware was, and I see what looks like some old unfilled screw holes. $200K? 200K yen, maybe.

Yeah, check out these quotes from the website linked in that auction:

"This guitar had a Bigsby installed on it early on, which was put back to stock many years ago. It was all professionally done. Bigsby is included."

"Refret was performed recently and the job is magnificent."

As far as the value goes, that has to be a big "ouch!".

Plus the tuners, volume pots and jack plate have been replaced, although all the original stuff is included with the guitar. That's pretty normal for antique instruments that have remained in service though, isn't it?

As far as the guitar itself goes, I'd still love to own it. Not for $200K though!

Somehow I doubt that the '98 LP Classic of mine will ever be heralded as such a "holy grail" of guitars, but I'll never know because I'll be long dead before it's ever sold to anyone :D

Back