You are The Lie

I dig it -- nice switch from the sell-out pop song :)

How long do you tend to spend mixing one of these?

edit: listening a second time -- it's good!

Last edited:
It's a good recording and mix - though the sanre seems a little loud for my ears.
The only nit I have is that it sounds just right - but almost formulaic so.
This work really well on FM radio - it's rich, textured, has a beat & melody to hold onto & some angsty vocals too.
I mean, I'd be very pleased to have written, recorded or performed on it - it's just not my cuppa.

antichef - haha..

This song is slightly older than the sellout pop song. :) Most of my older music was dark and mostly "not radio" - this was kind of a halfway between dark and pop radio.

rayc

Thanks for the compliments. I have tendency to accidently bury the snare - so maybe I was compensating? haha

Good song & great mix. It's very thick and textured without being muddy, I can hear the guits and bass and drums and synths all while listening to the vocals.

That's tough with a bigger sound like this, so kudos to you! I like the dynamic variety, nice "fall-back" after the chorus. I get what Ray's saying about it, but I like the polished FM feel. It's certainly not boring--nor is it without feeling (my main complaints about a lot of radio-ready stuff).

Very nice job...

Serious appreciated compliments guys.

And thanks for noticing the 'feeling' - i try to at least put that into all my songs.

Nice song, man :)
Really good voice, lots of character. Arrangement is very good, I find everything nicely balanced. Modern indie guitar pop stuff, very radio friendly.

Cheers
Joe

Back