Yet another metal mix...

Guys/gals

First, check this out:
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=7123

Here is a newest mix I've made. There's a minor glitch with the intro, first verse and first chorus. Apparantly something skipped the song while I was tracking drums and it threw me off for a sec. You can probbaly hear the recovery or not- who cares? I'm gonna re-do the drums. The rest of the song past the first chous was pretty much sport-on performace-wise although I still need to retack the drums because I know it could be better on the drums. I did mix the kick hot but it was on purpose for my listening pleasure.

I was wondering besides what I mentioned above how everything's sitting mix-wise etc. I tried a different technique with tracking drums as I used 8 tracks fromt the TD-20 instead of just two master outs. I am mostly concerned with the guitars/vocals levels. Are they about even or within acceptable parameters? There is no bass guitar in here yet, either. This is just al the guitars, drums and vox.

I posted a mix earlier this last week in this forum and have been trying to address the weak guitars I recorded with an SM57. I tried an MXL990 on a Madison divinity head and was wondering what the opinion of the general guitar tone is also.

Thanks in advance

Back