Yet another hd24 question for live rec.

Can I record an entire live show and later cut it up into smaller pieces (songs) in the hd24 for transfer to PC instead of transferring the whole show and then cutting it up? Or can I specify a certain region of the performance for transfer by ftp or fireport?

I use my HD24 for live recordings all the time.......I have learned that 12 to 18 minutes of 16 track audio is all I have the patience for ......I do my mixing on my computer with cool edit pro & large files (tracks 20 minutes long) take 6+ minutes to process, depending on what you are doing.......eq/reberb/compression/ext.
so far as I know there is no way to cut up the audio before transferring it to computer.

flatrockrecordin said:
Can I record an entire live show and later cut it up into smaller pieces (songs) in the hd24 for transfer to PC instead of transferring the whole show and then cutting it up? Or can I specify a certain region of the performance for transfer by ftp or fireport?

Either cut while you are recording or transfer the whole thing to your PC then edit the waves. The nice thing about that is you can see everything instead of having to listen then edit.

If you ask me it would take longer to get it done int the hd24 than inside a PC. 24 tracks multiplied by 20 songs (an hours worth) equals 480 cuts plus 480 pastes. That'd take hours to do on the HD24. I'd just do it in the PC. Cut & Paste is simpler in PC environment. Unless you've got a dinosaur PC then, your back to square one.

Chris

Back