Yes or no

microchip

Let's say I have a recording completed on the computer. I want to play that recording and send it out from the computer through an effects processor and run the audio from the processor back into the computer for recording at the same time.

Yes I can, or no, I can not?

(My money is on no).

I was mostly doubting the ability of my Cakewalk program to be able to do this and how exactly I would set it up...I suppose hooking the out of the soundcard to the processor, then to the in of the soundcard would work huh?

Micro

yep, to the line in of the soundcard......

as long as the soundcard is full-duplex (unless its a dinosaur it probably is), this will work.....

what kinda processing you wanna do?....if you have a budget type card, you are taking your sound thru an unnessicary DA and DA conversion...you may be able to get equal or better quality from free plugins......

I have a Delta 44, so I would think I would be ok as far as the soundcard goes.

I didn't have anything specific in mind yet, although I have been looking to possibly getting a few different items...stuff that really isn't available as plug ins (at least that I know of).

Oh hell yeah. Send output 3 to your processor and your processor back in to input 3, for example, and then setup cakewalk to route the track you want to process out on #3. How you do this in cakewalk I'm not sure, but I'd be suprised to find that it couldn't do this.

Slackmaster 2000

I'll give this a shot...and this will make me happy if I can, because the plug-ins just aren't quite what I want sometimes.

BTW-Could someone suggest a set of software that is a nice set of plug-ins?

Back