yes...a Christian tune...you won't hear on KLOV.

mixmkr

we don't need rest!!
If you're not a Christian and can get past the lyrics check the music... an older tune...in my sig too.. but figured I haven't posted in a bit here with some music and most like me are too lazy to check the music links in the sig.

Yes it's smashed to the hilt...but kinda intentionally, looking for a roar of sound, versus wall of sound.

trying to link thru this clinic. a first for me in doing so...ha! ignoramous...!
edit...dang...didnt work...here's the URL below.

click-------> My Light

another edit.... this is an 11 minute song or so. Looong-ish intro and some narration over music at the END too. This song is obviously (or not so ) extracted out of the CD, in which almost all songs flowed into another, basically making a 50 minute CD of continuous music (it was easier to break up into songs for BandCamp). Very little breaks at most...and hence this long song too. So... if you click on and listen for a minute or two and wonder where the compression is I was talking about...it's during the "full tilt" song that kicks in around 3 mins, I think.

Last edited:
I think this is a fantastic production. A very well thought out arrangement and executed tremendously. I could hear this on a stage as part of a big Rock Opera or something. A love the sounds as they build and build and still have the space to be able to hear it all.

My only nit would be sometimes I couldn't quite hear what the vocal was saying, almost sounded like a whisper but I assume that was what you wanted. having the lyrics helped though, obviously. I also had to look up KLOV as I had no idea what it was.

Well done mixmkr. :thumbs up:

Great stuff, man! So rich and textured. I'm into prog rock so I'm used to longer tunes, but even I have to be hooked to hang on for 11 minutes. And this held my interest all the way. Maybe it this was KLOV played this kind of stuff, I'd give 'em a listen. :)

Really lush sound. Cool vocal ideas. Man I'd think a lot of editing work had to go in to this?

I didn't like the crackles that came in a couple of times early in the song. I think the idea is good. It's just that it's such a contrast to the rest of the sound. You have these lush instruments, and then these brittle crackly things come in. A nit, I know.

Some cool experimental ideas in the transition from the intro to the song.

I thought the lead vocal was a little too dry in relation to the other tracks. Backing vocals were really well done.

Snare can kind of get buried at times. Maybe turn down the synth parts a bit? Kick is a little wimpy maybe? Not sure it has enough thump.

I think you could get away with a little more "bite" on the lead guitar solo. It's not coming through real strong. You could also probably compress it a little harder.

Keyboard solo around 9:00 was a good one. There is a little section of it, in the middle, where it gets kind of "tinkly" though.

I'm pointing out too many nits. Real good job.

I thought the tone was very lush also. Everything sounded very clean and well recorded. I didn't really hear anything I thought needed fixing. I've never really been a prog rock fan so I won't critique the song...although I liked it. Good job.

Wow, that was epic! I liked the vocal sound/treatments as well as the percussion...Im a big prog fan, so I like these kind of songs, prog/rock opera type vibe.Nice job!

I actually really like that echo thunder drum sound a lot. I like all of the other sounds except for the synth. More imagination there would do a world of good. The vocal's suggestive and imaginative. The acoustic guitar needs more definition - maybe some parallel compression would help?

As usual, you're really ambitious, putting a wall of sound into the arrangement and stuff overlaps like crazy. Adding tons of space to loads of the tracks doesn't help. The result is that I want to hear everything more clearly. I'm pretty satisfied with the vocal - it's well defined compared to the dark meld of the backing. At this point, it sounds like your mixing chops aren't living up to your arrangement chops - both are ambitious, but where the arrangement and performances work just fine, the mix sounds...muddy. You know what? If you replaced that dark synth with strings, it would sound better. It could be a lot shorter too - there's not enough variation to support 11 minutes. I got really bored with those same four synth chords over and over again. Simplify. You're so ambitious. God doesn't required drama. Good music's good enough.

Back