Yamaha O2R not syncing to PC

Mickrick

Okay so background first - a computerphobe friend has a studio. He records using a Windows 10 pc, adat, and Yamaha O2R desk with adat card. He recently bought a Creative X-Fi SB0460 card and X-Fi SB0250 Fatal1ty Edition front panel. The 2 are connected by a standard 40-pin ide cable. Drivers are native Windows 10. The panel has spdif coaxial and optical i/o. The adat is set for 24/48 connection by optical to the desk. The pc connects by coaxial to the desk. Or rather, it doesn't. The Creative software is configured for 24/48 connection, as is Windows 10. But when the pc is booted up, the desk immediately starts trying to force the adat into 44.1k mode, and will not sync to the PC. All channels "spike" and it displays a "wrong wordclock" error, and switches to internal 48khz and back to the 48k digital input continuously.

I have been trying to get this all sync'd and playing together, on and off for a few months. I've taken it as far as I can. So now I need to know if there is anything I could be doing wrong?

Hi
its a long time ago since i had a 02R
i cant remember for sure but i think i synced it with MTC (midi time code)

success

Back