yamaha ns10 T

gitrokr

my friend has a pair of these. are these hi-fi speakers or are they monitors? how much better are the regular ns-10s compared to these. I'm going to be getting a pair of wharefedales i just wanna be doing something with recording since i cant buy the speakers and preamp at the same time. would buying a presonus firepod and using the ns-10 t's be okay for now just so i can be experimenting with mic placement? any comments would be great. thanks.

Don't waste your time with NS-10s.... any of the variations -- they're not worth the effort at all. There are so many better choices available theses days!

it took me 15 years of using the ns-10s to learn how to use them. they look cool because every studio you see on mtv has them but i would rather mix in my car.

never ending sound absorption monitors

I been reading articles and this HiFi vs Pro Monitor? thing...is bs
from what i gather; Wharfs, Yorks, NS10, B&W all derived from their HiFi
line (maybe added shielding). and in one article the B&W303(hifi) was
chosen over the KRK 2" pro speaker or some sht.

"If you like your HiFi speakers and it transfers for you, take a crayola and write ULTRA PRO REF STUDIO MONITORS on them" i think one post said. thats funny but i get it.

i think even MixMaster, it turned out, his highly recommended Wharfs (yellow cones) were HiFi passive versions and the newer "pro studio amped" were nearly the same but not the same, where built of UK fame then found built in China with blue LEDS that don't work, sometimes and Black woofers.
but everyone seems to love 'em anyway, so thats enticing to me.
this group did me good on the RNC and DMP3 ,TCM300 and other
tips, which I never would have known about.

HiFi vs Monitors?
i have one set of RAM STUDIO REF SPEAKERS that probably don't sound as good as Wharf-HiFi 8.2 with Yellow cones for $189 a pair or the B&W303 HiFi
that was rated well in the infamous SOS article at $300pr.
just my gut instinct.

In the end...
take em home and really listen to the speakers, is probably going the extra mile.

if you get the NS10's theres some old archives that debate which kind of Toilet Paper to put over the tweeter....seriously!
NOTE: CLEAN TOILET PAPER IS RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!

upgrading is a fun hell, yeah...good luck!!

Back