Yamaha msp5

kjam22

Looking for opinions about these monitors. Yamaha msp5?

Opinions and or comparrisons.

Thanks guys

I asked this same question about a year ago and had some very negative feedback.

However, since then I have read a very positive review - I'm sorry I can't get you a link, I can't remember where I read it I'm afraid.

My gut instinct is to go with what people on this board and listen to their opinions. For instance, I used some Spirit Absoloute ones once and thought they were great - but the mix translated terribly. The guys here hate these monitors. I'm pretty sure they know what they're talking about.

Some of these yo-yos hate NS10s...which are the best and most used by profesionals arround so I wouldnt put much salt into that...For that money you can have Tannoy reveals which are good but Yamaha knows how to make monitors right.

ns10's and krk's are worthless

K i'm sorry but i've heard both of those monitors, and several resulting mixes that came from thier use... both sounds were pathetic. some people seem to think that if their mix sounds good on a crappy monitor, it'll sound good on anything, which i buy as long as you have a good main monitoring system and only use crappy shit like ns10's for backup. that's the only reason that any studio (should) have speakers like that. if you want real speakers, get a pair of mackie HR624's or 824's.

PS- yamaha knows how to make crotch rockets and motorboat engines right- not monitors.

haha that's hilarious go read the friggen article- it says the same thing i did.

Picked up a pair of the MSP5's pretty cheap a while back but wouldn't use them because I didnt' like their sound. I've used them to remixed 3 songs in the past week that didn't sound good on cheap boom boxes etc.... and they sound lots better. And they still sound good (really better) on quality systems.

I think I'm kinda in the group that if you can make the mix sound good on these, it will sound really good on other systems.

You have probubly heard thousands of mixes on the NS10s because they are in every pro studio arround. I hope you have enjoyed some of them:rolleyes:

I don't know how good they are.... but they do make my mixes sound better. I guess that's the bottom line. I'm kinda getting used to them.

Garbage speakers... In four months at GC, I saw four broken pairs come back. Never tested the sound quality but build was unreliable.

Back