Yamaha MSP5 Bi-Amped Power speakers

I have them as well and they are great! :)

people usually have mix feelings towards them. but I've gotten used to them and works fine for me.

I was wondering about them. Must admit their size appeals. Can you tell us some more? How's the bass? Where do you position them? Grateful for any comments.

I noticed our Guitar Center here has those things all over the store for monitoring keyboards and other things. Don't know if it's because they're good or cheap, hopefully both! Does anyone know how these compare to the old NS10M's?

The high end is a bit hyped and a lot of low end is annoyingly absent, but once you burn that into your skull, they're pretty accurate and very usable. I've had them a couple years and have been thinking lately of a major upgrade, but I remember why I decided to get the msp5's in the first place. I spent a couple hours in Mars music comparing every monitor they had <$1K with some cd's I tood with me. It took so long because I was having a hard time believing that the cheapest ones were the ones that sounded the most accurate.

Vurt said:
The high end is a bit hyped and a lot of low end is annoyingly absent, but once you burn that into your skull, they're pretty accurate and very usable. I've had them a couple years and have been thinking lately of a major upgrade, but I remember why I decided to get the msp5's in the first place. I spent a couple hours in Mars music comparing every monitor they had <$1K with some cd's I tood with me. It took so long because I was having a hard time believing that the cheapest ones were the ones that sounded the most accurate.

Did you listen to the Mackie 624's when you did your comparison? Have you tried solving the low end problem with a sub? I was thinking of using the MSP5's or the smaller MSP3?'s with a sub.

I don't remember them having any Mackies, actually. I thought about getting a sub, but decide agaiinst it instead because that would just be something else I would have to train my ears to. Instead, I just spent a lot of time listening to mixes in different cars and stereo until I understood how to compensate for the frequencey differences when mixing.

I bought a set of MSP5's a few months ago & my mixes improved a lot but I was previously monitoring on hi-fi speakers.
There is a lack of low end but I soon got used to it & mixed accordingly. A sub is on my wish list.
S

Just another question, i have the msp5's and i love them, but does any body know the difference between the construction/engineering of the ms-10's and the msp5's??? Thanks, J

Back