Yamaha MM6 as midi contoller?

GtrGtrGtr

Hi all Im putting together a pro tools studio long after waitng and recording on my Tascam 2488. One question as I was about to buy a midi controller I paused and wondered if a yamaha mm6 would work as one? Not knowing keyboards at all as Im a gtr player only at the moment . Any help would be great and perhaps save me some cash any advise on my pro tools rack would also be a great help as my gtr rack is way off ;)-Thanks again -Steve

Yes, the MM6 can be used as a MIDI keyboard controller. You can use either a USB cable to connect it to a computing device (desktop, laptop, or tablet), or a MIDI-to-USB adapter to do that, or use a MIDI cable to connect it to an audio interface and then connect the audio interface to your computing device.

Thanks Sea as I said Im new to pro tools and JUST starting I have a Tascam US 1800 so far and a Tascam CDRW for rack bidding on a headphone amp at the moment anything I should look for that is a must have? I have dwnlded the pro tools first to get me started and opened an Avid account also.. any further advise would be great ! I have spent a lot of time in the Newbie section lately too lol -Steve

Back