Yamaha Mixers

Double

I have a chance to purchase a Yamaha 01V digital mixer still in the box with all documentation for dirt cheap. The fellow who is selling it bought the mixer about 4 years ago for one project that he never finished (not much of a musican). Does anyone out there have any working knowlege of this mixer. I am just going to use it in my home studio with my tascam 2488. Let me know what you think of it.

What's 'dirt cheap'?

I've got one just for the midi-faderness - two of the physical faders are not functioning anymore but still work fine when sent midi continuous controllers.

They have the equivalent of 2 SPX-90II's inside for effects - actually, they sound better and quieter than an SPX-90II but I don't think Yamaha ever put the effects out in a stand alone box. The effects are not as luxurious and good-sounding as the next generation, the SPX900 or SPX1000.

If you're planning using it live in conjunction with even a small sequencer to power the automation it will be a very good thing to have. If you're planning on trying to integrate it with an existing studio setup be sure you have a solid plan in mind before spending any money.

Back