yamaha mg10/2 users...a question

CDT-sHaG

I just received one today and I have a quick question..

why does the ST level have to be up so that the C-R/Phones level will come up? if I zero the ST knob the CR/headphone knob, even when maxed out, farts a little bit of a signal...but with the ST up it's fine..

I thought these would be separate volume controls....that the ST and CR outs would have their own separate controls...

thanks.

I guess the headphone feed is tied to the main output buss -- it's not set-up as a "cue" monitor. A bit strange, but what do you want from a $100 mixer??

I only want it to do what it is advertised to do...

MASTER SECTION

Stereo, Control Room, Rec, and Headphone Outputs
In addition to the main L and R phone-jack stereo outputs, these versatile mixers also offer phone-jack control room, pin-jack recording, and stereo phonejack headphone outputs. You have plenty of outputs for a wide range of applications – monitoring, master recorder feed, etc.

maybe I'll just return it...

well, of course it's not misson critical. I just like to have separate controls..I work solo (write and record my own material) and usually when I track late at night I just pull down the faders for the main outs and use the phones...no big deal really it's just that I thought this board had this function of control...I can always just power down or turn down the controls on the amp going to my monitors...

thanks..I guess that's my only choice..no wait..I can return it and use my mackie dfx just as well until I can afford a better mixer.

peace

Back