Yamaha DS2416 DSP Factory Questions

DaveX

I am considering purchasing a Yamaha DS2416 DSP Factory. I have only really been able to read the stuff in Musician's Friend catalogs, and frankly, I'm not quite understanding exactly what it does. My impression is that it is a sort of sound card that has the ability to record 8 tracks at the same time, with up to 16 tracks total, and has a 24-channel mixer which shows up on the computer. Does anyone know anything about this? Has anyone had experience with it? I want to know before I buy one... I am especially interested in what sort of software I need to use with it. Would Cool Edit Pro work? --DaveX-- (ps: I don't use MIDI)

I just finished installing A DSP Factory sound card as well as an SW1000 in the machine of the legendary Steve Negus of Saga... Brace yourself.

heheh. Anyhoo. DSP FActory, from what I saw, had 8 seperate ins, like you said. You said you weren't a Midi guy, (although I recommend you get into it <cubase will rock your world> ) He uses it for recording live off the floor tracks and for mixing. It's around 1200 for the card. The price should sell you on it's quality.
:)
cheers.

Back