Yamaha Compass Series

Sloan

Hey, I was wondering what you guys think of the Yamaha Compass guitars.

I just put a CPX15 in layaway today.
It has to be one of the easiest playing and sweetest sounding acoustics I've ever experienced. It's got a piezo and a condenser mic inside of it that can be blended together to get a good sound or something. I haven't even played it plugged in yet though.

Where on earth did you find that thing?

I think they quit making those a couple years ago. They were sweet last time I played one. When MARS still existed, they had 5 at the cincy store, all in different themes, from nautical to oceanic. They played every bit as good as the high end Taylors for half or less the money. The CPX15 guitars were made in the factpry that makes the nice Yamaha pianos, not in the factory that builds th other Yamaha guitars. I've always been a huge fan of them, but I haven't been able to find one in about 2 or 3 years.

Did you get a good deal on it? MARS ended up closing a couple of them out for $799 just before they closed up shop. I really wish I had snagged one back then. I love my Taylor, but those Yams were every bit as good as it is.

H2H

Hard2Hear said:
Where on earth did you find that thing?

I think they quit making those a couple years ago. They were sweet last time I played one. When MARS still existed, they had 5 at the cincy store, all in different themes, from nautical to oceanic. They played every bit as good as the high end Taylors for half or less the money. The CPX15 guitars were made in the factpry that makes the nice Yamaha pianos, not in the factory that builds th other Yamaha guitars. I've always been a huge fan of them, but I haven't been able to find one in about 2 or 3 years.

Did you get a good deal on it? MARS ended up closing a couple of them out for $799 just before they closed up shop. I really wish I had snagged one back then. I love my Taylor, but those Yams were every bit as good as it is.

H2H

Cool.
The shop is selling it on consignment for one of their friends for $850.
I played it and thought it was great. Better than the $1500 Martin I played a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe it when I found out what they originally sold for.

It's the standard CPX15 with the nautical flag inlays and stuff.
I had to kind of dig for info on them.
Here's a picture:
http://pictures.yamaha-europe.com/p...ric_guitars/cpx_guitars/cpx15a_medium_jpg.jpg

Attachments

• cpx15a_medium_jpg.jpg
    cpx15a_medium_jpg.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 207
I am selling my Yamaha Compass CPX-15 on E-Bay. It has the same body and neck as the one posted except more inlay design in the frets. Last list Price I saw was $1,900.00. I'm selling for $1,600.00. Yes it has the sweetest sound and tone. I will really miss this guitar!

Those guitar are just awesome... my dad has one and hell it is sweet - the piezo & mic blending is really useful, it also hsa a 3 band EQ on the amp which is handy... I'd say snap it up - especially at that price!

Back