Yamaha CDR-W 3200

I have a great deal on one of these: I'm building a DAW

$150
YAMAHA CDRW 3200 24x10x40 SCSI, the thing I cant remember, is SCSI better than IDE or is it the other way around?

because I have a Y-ribbon that came with my MOBO: IDE splits into two connection I would like to use that for my HD's
(1)internal for O.S., Programs (2)external for AUDIO.

But I also heard that I am suppose to connect it : (1) internal HD
then to the (2) CDR-W

I ask this question cause the CDR-W comes with a SCSI cable
so what should I do, and how should I hook this up ?

For the SCSI Model, you'd need a SCSI Controller Card...I suppose the SCSI would be better, but it's such a nice burner already, you could save money and go IDE.

I'm awaiting the new model from Yamaha (CRW-F1) to come in stores...it has all the features of the 3200 model plus 24x rewrite, 44x write, Full-CAV support and that Disc T@2 thing that will burn text of graphics on the left over part of the bottom of the disc...

Maybe a smarter person can answer more of your questions :P

I hear ya, good looking out on that, seems I just found something a little bit cooler too, a: PLEXTOR 40x12x40, now that's fast. and probably could do what you said since the one your waiting for will be 44x

The Plextor line also looks very nice...very good name behind it too

I'm waiting for the Yamaha because of it's 'Audio Mastering' feature...it's supposed to enhance the quality and life of the CD

The Plextor looks like about the same price too - I was quote at $250 CAN for it...and the Yamaha CRW-F1 is going for about $179 US - going from the Yamaha website, but I have yet to see it in stores

Milkman

I saw what you meant about the CRW-F1 FU#@&&$##$#--N
awesome, I think I will wait too.

for me the plus is that it has full XP support -- the others only went up to Windows 2000 and NT, but maaaaaan I will stick with you on this one ------ the CRW-F1

think I'll cough up $20 more dollars to get the all black one, since I'm building a DAW, I'd rather purchase each unit correct instead spray painting it. Plus the resale value of the black ones are better.

>about $179 US - going from the Yamaha website, but I have yet to see it in stores

I saw it on the shelf at Fry's yesterday. $179.

Back