Yamaha Buys Steinberg

Hmm... Yamaha Nuendo or Yamaha Cubase haha... Sounds funny doesn't it?
Though I'm sure Steinberg will remain it's own entity,
Just as it has under Pinnacle.

Disposable said:
Hmm... Yamaha Nuendo or Yamaha Cubase haha... Sounds funny doesn't it?
Though I'm sure Steinberg will remain it's own entity,
Just as it has under Pinnacle.

I wouldn't expect much change that way either. In fact maybe the bug fixes will be quicker to come, who knows. I suppose if you are a Yamaha owner you can expect better support for Yamaha devices as well. I just really hope they are not prejudice against other hardware manufactures when they take over.

Will be interesting to see what happens with this one. I'm a big fan of Yamaha equipment, and hopefully this will be something that's benefical to the Steinberg software line. But, now that I've jumped ship to another software package.....

I spoke with a Tascam tech yesterday evening, and he said the next software update (version 1.4) for the 1884 would encompass these changes, and allow FULL use of the 1884. Said it should be on the Tascam website within a week or two.

Last edited:
SteveK said:
I spoke with a Tascam tech yesterday evening, and he said the next software update (version 1.4) for the 1884 would encompass these changes, and allow FULL use of the 1884. Said it should be on the Tascam website within a week or two.

That would be so awesome, but to be honest I wont be holding my breath. I've heard so many rumors from people that talked to reps at tascam on different sites, about updates for the 1884 that I just can't get excited anymore.

The one thing I've seen is that Tascam support is hardly any support at all. I've sent several emails and have never heard back from them. Ever.

Thanks for the update though. :)

Actually, this was from a call I had to make to tech support yesterday...I was having some connectivity issues, and the tech guy was pretty good. I am waiting to see the new version as a downloadable upgrade.

Well, looking at what happened to Logic after Mac bought Emagic....maybe it's not directly comparable. I too am a fan of Yamaha kit.

Does this leave backline amps as the only major product category Yamaha does not encompass?

Interesting. I guess we just have to sit back and see how it actually affects the Steinberg product line. I'm hoping Yamaha is able to enhance and improve the product beyond what Steinberg has been doing. By that I mean charging it's customers $149 every year in order to maintain and obtain their most recent version.

Easto said:
Interesting. I guess we just have to sit back and see how it actually affects the Steinberg product line. I'm hoping Yamaha is able to enhance and improve the product beyond what Steinberg has been doing. By that I mean charging it's customers $149 every year in order to maintain and obtain their most recent version.
I hear ya. I was going to upgrade soon but now I'm going to wait to see how this turns out. I'm hoping that the Steinberg programmers don't get cut because of new budgets from the takeover.

Yamaha will not put out a Cubase/Nuendo with there brand name buy it unless it is full quality! ...I think the move will keep the software kicking arse as it already is!

and it will no doubt improve the customer support.

also was there not a load of Yamaha plugins about...:) would be nice to get the bundle :)

I think Nuendo is going to head towards being a DAW/Hardware Pro tools rival!

Back