Yamaha aw16G

Bernie, you might also want to try out "backing up a song". I would suggest you get some CD-RWs to use. That way you can test out the process without wasting any discs. You can back up a saved song onto a CD, and restore it at a later time. The info is in the manual starting at Page 145.
Hi Talisman, Hope you are well. I am emailing you as you were very helpful to me in the past and a lot of the posts are now drying up. I am trying to move data on track 3 to track 2 which is empty, However, using the move function only erases the data on track 3, but doesnt transfer it to track to? however, if I move it to track 5 from 3, it goes across with no problem. If the move function works transferring data from track 3 to 5, why wont it move data from 3 to 2? thanks
Bernie

Hi Talisman, Hope you are well. I am emailing you as you were very helpful to me in the past and a lot of the posts are now drying up. I am trying to move data on track 3 to track 2 which is empty, However, using the move function only erases the data on track 3, but doesnt transfer it to track to? however, if I move it to track 5 from 3, it goes across with no problem. If the move function works transferring data from track 3 to 5, why wont it move data from 3 to 2? thanks
Bernie
Yes still using the AW16G for this

I wonder if it has something to do with moving backwards in the list. Was there something on track 2 originally? I don't know how Yamaha organizes the data file, but it may pre-allocate tracks when you select a higher track number.

I don't have my AW set up right now, but if I get a chance this weekend, I might see what I find.

Back