Yamaha AW16G to Korg X-3 Midi Help!!

mike2731

Hi, I am a new AW16G owner, and am just trying to learn the ropes. I've recorded with a Tascam 688, and an ADAT system, but now I'm trying to learn the AW16G. My question is this. I use a Korg X-3 midi keyboard/sequencer to do all of my drums and other midi recording (sometimes piano, orchestration, etc.). I always striped my old systems with midi time code with my JB Cooper synchronizer, and used up a track with the time code, which in turn controlled my X-3. I connected the X-3 into my mixer's auxiliary inputs and then mixed that down with my recorded tracks during 2-track mix down. Sooooo, how is the best way to accomplish this with the AW16G? I'n not getting a whole lot from the manual. The key points I really need to know are: do I need to "stripe" a track with my synchronizer to control the X-3, or is there a different way. As well, since I see no auxiliary inputs on the AW16G, do I have to use up two of the tracks on the AW16G for the X-3's output? Or do I actually have to sub mix the X-3 tracks first and actually print the output to 2 AW16G tracks. Any help and ideas would be greatle appreciated! Thanks in advance!

That's neat, I have a korg x-3 and a yamaha aw16g also. I'm not sure about your question but I've had no problems interfacing the together.

I've been bummed out about how it appears that only a maximm two effects can be used throughout a recording from the built in devices in the recorder.

Back