Yamaha AW 4416

Taylor H.

I have a Yamaha AW4416 multitrack recorder. I have just mixed a song, but every time I play back the recording, the red STEREO master slider automatically fades down to -00, making the entire mix inaudible. I've gone through the manual, searching the "Automix" and "Scene" sections, but there is no explanation for how to defeat this automatic down-sliding. Could you please help? Thank you in advance for your reply.

It's doing this (a) because that's how you have it set in whatever SCENE it's playing or (b) you've told it to do this in an automix.

Recall the scene, adjust the slider to your desired level, save the scene for (a). Select FADER in Automix, select master fader button, play song, save changes to automix for (b) - this will overwrite other master fader changes in your automix, however you wouldn't generally be touching this unless you are fading in or out.

And, most importantly, don't be like the last dozen AW4416 posters, and be a dick who just reads the information and then disappears into the ether never to be seen again. Let me know if this has worked.

It's doing this (a) because that's how you have it set in whatever SCENE it's playing or (b) you've told it to do this in an automix.

Recall the scene, adjust the slider to your desired level, save the scene for (a). Select FADER in Automix, select master fader button, play song, save changes to automix for (b) - this will overwrite other master fader changes in your automix, however you wouldn't generally be touching this unless you are fading in or out.

And, most importantly, don't be like the last dozen AW4416 posters, and be a dick who just reads the information and then disappears into the ether never to be seen again. Let me know if this has worked.

Armistice,

THANK YOU for this reply! I will try this when I get home tonight and let you know how it works out.

Armistice,

That appears to have done the trick. I recalled the SCENE, adjusted the fader, and then pressed STORE. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you much!

Excellent... glad to have helped. You'll find very little info about the AW4416 online these days, but I'm still using it so if you get any other issues, drop by and I'll see if I can assist.

Thank you. I very well may take you up on that offer. There are a lot of things about the machine and what it does that I don't understand, but am trying to gain mastery. Glad to know I can count on you as a contact.

Back