Yamaha AW 4416

Sure! What is it? Is it one of those USB mixer/interace thingies? Is it a PC audio interface?

-AlChuck

AlChuck:
It's a new digital multirack (24) unit that Yamaha will be releasing within a month or so...Looking at the specs & design, looks likes a winner.
DJ

Yo Brothers of Sounds:

Yea, verily, they all look like winners until YOU OPEN THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL WHICH SENDS YOU TO THE KLINGON EMPIRE FOR TRANSLATION.

But, from my limited reading about the unit, and limited information, it does look pretty cool. Yamaha may be finally realizing that SIMPLICITY IN OPERATION OF GEAR MAY BE AS SIMPLE AS WRITING PLAIN ENGLISH IN A ONE, TWO, THREE, STEP PROGRAM AND FILLING IN THE USER WITH THOSE LITTLE SECRETS THAT WE HAVE TO LEARN ON THE DRAGON'S channel.

Green Hornet

Since portability is a question with me, I am also awaiting the AW4416, because it looks like it may actually interface with a computer (with the ADAT card), so I'm for a forum on this beast when it starts shipping. As far as Klingon, well there's the Cakewalk manual, the CEP manual, the programs that don't send you manuals and expect you to know what a high frequency, demulsifier, nth order feedback looper midi trigger for percussive vocording is.... like anybody writes a manual in English!!

Back