yamaha 01v

keilson

I currently have a Berhinger mixer and a MOTU 24i. I am considering getting a yamaha 01v. What is the best way to record multitrack from the 01v to the computer?

...can only tell the price in CAD

Nuendo Audiolink96 Multiset : About 1600$
01v Adat card : About 350$

I really enjoy this setup!

I have an O1V that I use with my Nuendo system. I don't care much for the O1V's mic pre's; their OK, don't get me wrong, its just that I have better outboard pres, so I don't find much use for them.

So, basically, I use the O1V as a control surface for Nuendo. But as far a digital mixer's go, its hard to find a better one for the price. The O1V interfaces with an ADAT card which has optical I/O that interfaces with my Nuendo 96/52 sound card. Its a pretty hot little set-up really.

nice setup guys.....I think it's a little to expensive for me though. I'm probably better off just looking for a better analog board since I have the motu 24i. Especially since you said the preamps aren't the greatest.

There's couple of cheaper alternatives for the 01v. The discontinued Fostex VM200 and Korg DRS 168C which both have adat interfaces as standard feature, but they have fewer analog inputs than 01v. The VM200 can also be used as a hardware controller but I don't know about the Korg. There's also cheaper soundcards with adat for computer. Terratec EWS88D costs under $200 and has also 2xmidi i/o.

Back