Y'all are gonna kill me.

Rock Star 87

You might remember the rap song I posted a few months ago, and as you all know, I'm extremely anal about getting things right, so I made some changes, and I'm posting it again. The only problem I have right now is that I was straining slightly to hear the 1st and 3rd verse vocals, but they seem to be at a reasonable volume. The major things you can listen for is volumes between tracks, volume consistency, and understandibility of lyrics. I can't thank you guys enough, and I'm forever indebt to your professional ear. I love you all.

Get Up

Hmm, well once again I'm with NL on this one....

But, anyway, I'd say the vox seem kinda dry and for some reason I wanna say that there are some timing issues in the vox...very slight... just seems like there is a word or two every now and then that just is off.... I dunno, the flow is wierd and sounds forced in spots. :confused:

the levels are good though....

I think the vocals could come up a little bit and have a bit more done to them. Vocal production tends to be kinda...Overdone in most rap.

The intro presumes a lot of patience of your listener.
The GET UP doesn't really work - it needs volume & the sample should be a little longer so that the phrase is clear.
The beats are still very simple & have no power.
If his is a pisstake it should be shorter.
Kinetic & medic don't rhyme.

The little "get up" sample killed me, and there were other gems like the way the line, "I think rap should be more than words, it should be powerful, we should take over the world," was timidly spat. Very funny. I'd leave it as is, stripped down for comedic effect.

I'd add more strings to the intro to increase the irony.

Back