xpand!

jcharney

I recently bought a DIGI 002 with Pro Tools LE 7, but it didn't come with the XPAND! plugin for some reason. Digidesign, being the shrewd assholes they are, offer it free on their website but "because of the size of the installer", do not offer it for download, so lo and behold, you have to pay 9.95 for a shipping fee. UGH I hate them.

Does anyone have this plugin that they would be willing to transfer via AIM? I can find links to it online, but just installer updates, not the original v1.0 plugin. It would be awesome.

aim: lateralistspiral

jcharney said:
so lo and behold, you have to pay 9.95 for a shipping fee. UGH I hate them.
Considering what you must have laid out for the pt package, why are you balking at paying a tiny shipping fee?

It can't be the principle of the thing --- I would never do business with Digidesign but once you've stepped into the shit with both feet, how much dirtier can you get?

I did get the module on eBay, so no money paid to them yet. :p

I don't really have anything against them, obviously, as there are a ton of other programs and modules I could be using instead of PT. I am just irked how they like to squeeze as much money for their proprietary stuff as possible...and everything with them is proprietary! :rolleyes:

I have not ruled out purchasing it from DD. I just figured there was no harm in asking since it IS a free plug-in...if I can't find a helper then I'll go ahead and order it from them.

Back