here is a song i wrote for two voices
i have quite a few of my own opinions on this mix,
just want to see if anyone else shares them
or maybe sees something different.

it is called "little star" on the page called tunes
at mattyaki.com - link is below.

thanks for checking it out

Hey Lot...
enjoyed your tune... Very cool the two voices... I liked you actually had some sort of talent to create a tune... Got to say I found nothing wrong so I was just had no choice to kick back and enjoy the tune...

Well done..
D-

Very well produced, and very Christmas-y. I am always a fan of two part vocals, especially male/female. I also like the continuous rhymes, where 3 or 4 lines all rhyme in a row!

The recording really hits the mark for this kind of tune too, very soft, and relaxing. With your permission, I may just burn this to a CD of Christmas tunes for when my family gets together this year.

Simon

hey 2lim

please, by all means, burn the tune and enjoy it.

any thoughts on the mix, specifically when the two voices are counterpoint?

Very nice tune. I missed this the first time through, and was going through some songs that dropped a page or 2. Very interesting with the 2 voices. Nice interaction. Can't say much as it's a well done tune. Both voices are very nice, but so different. That makes it really cool.
Sweet.
Ed

i was trying to get the counterpoint of the two voices, to be clear without them conflicting with each other. besides volume differences, i tried to eq a lot of low mids out of the voice that i wanted to be further back, but still keep it clear and audible...

especially when she sings the "o little star" part and i sing the "xmas is comin..." at the same time - there's a lot of potential conflict for attention, but again, i want to make the counterpoint very clear. not sure i succeeded. it seems the out front voice really dominates and the other while the one in back gets lost...

hmm. not sure what to do.

The sibilance can be tamed with a de-esser - I think you can get a plug-in to do this rather than have to retrack it. The harmony vocals are excellent. I like the way the voices back and forth too.... You have some other great tunes on your equally great website... Nice Job and thanks for adding to the the Chrstmas spirit. :D :D :D :D

Back