XLR conversion...HELP!

FullSailer

Whats up guys. This is a question that probably has a easy answer. I have a Digi002. It has 4 xlr inputs and 4 1/4" inputs. I want to record a drum kit so I dont have enough xlr inputs. Im wanting to know the easiest cheapest way to be able to plug xlr cables into the 1/4" input. I realize I will have to have some sort of preamp incorporated in this. I thought about buying a separate mixer but I want each input to be a separate track. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

You'll take the line level output which will be either 1/4" balanced or unbalanced or XLR balanced +4 outs from your out board mic pres or the direct outputs of a mixer mic preamps to the 1/4" inputs of your sound card.

The Mackies do. The 1604VLZ has 8 direct outputs on the first 8 channels and it also has channel inserts on all 16 channels that can be utilized as direct outputs. Now you didn't hear this from me but SOME of the Behringer mixers will do the same thing but all things being equil, I'd have to go with at least the Mackie or even something like a Soundcraft.

Back