Xenyx 2442FX USB

Darryl 68510

Hi,

I have a 2442FX USB and for the life of me I can't get reverb from the internal FX processors to the monitors. I read somewhere to send FX OUT to FX STEREO RETURN using a 1/4 inch splitter but this did not work. Then I read plugging in something in AUX 2 SEND will mute the FX internal processor. I just want 2 have two monitor mixes which I can add some reverb to 1 mix for the singer.

I know this is basic stuff but the manual is pretty confusing and not explained very well.

thanks and kind regards,

Darryl

Attached is the block diagram of the mixer (or a variant with FX!) No doubt your eyes are better than mine but I still suggest if you can to print it out with increased contrast.

Dave.

Attachments

• X2442 BLOCK DIAGRAM.png
    X2442 BLOCK DIAGRAM.png
    237.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi Boulder

Attached is top and back of the mixer. AUX 1 and AUX 2 go to EQ then to POWER AMP. For FX I also just read I should somehow bring the internal FX to a strip and use sub groups. This seems a bit complicated. Thanks again for getting back to me on a Sunday.

Attachments

• 2442 USB top.JPG
    2442 USB top.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2442 FX USB back.JPG
    2442 FX USB back.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 5
Attached is the block diagram of the mixer (or a variant with FX!) No doubt your eyes are better than mine but I still suggest if you can to print it out with increased contrast.

Dave.
Thanks so much I like having some diagrams with these things. I will print this out at work on a better printer. My eyes are 50 years old lol/ Thanks for helping me on a Sunday.

Darryl

Use FX Out and patch it to Aux Return 1 or 2, depending on which one you're using for the singer. Use an "insert" cable, one TRS connected to two TS. If you want it in both monitor mixes, use a couple of TS-F to TS-M splitters to patch it into Aux Return 1 and 2. Based on the block diagram, that should give you independent effects level control in the main mix and in the monitor mix(es).

For some reason the first time I searched the mixer it came up with one that had built-in effects to monitors routing.

Good morning Boulder,
I will give this a try when I get home tonight. It makes sense. Just so I'm clear. I will split FX OUT to AUX 1, AUX 2 LEFT MONO RETURN. This should send some amount FX to AUX 1 AUX 2 send. When did I sound for a buddy in Montreal, the gear was pre patched and on castors. So I would just roll in throw the speaker cables out and the snake and Bobs your uncle. His mixers also had monitor send knobs which made more sense to me.

EDIT: Just received an email from Thomann, where I purchased the mixer. Just wanted your thoughts. I think is what I also read somwhere about sending the FX to a sub group. I apologize for being such a noob.

EDIT: Received a but more info about the FX out jack in the back. I hope to test all theories out tonight. Thanks again

Attachments

• FX 2442.JPG
    FX 2442.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 2442fx out.JPG
    2442fx out.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back