Xaviere blues

Ahh, you see Xaviere has the rosewood necks in the honey finish as well. Id just rather have maple. That SX also has rosewood.
Does anyone know how SX's compare to Xavieres?

I had a Rondo SX tele for about a week. The hardware was shit, the bridge was to close to the nut so you could not intonate the guitar correctly. The pickups just suck and tuners have to be replaced as well. The only thing I liked was the fret job, I would not waste the money.

the hardware is better in the xaviere's because they're fitted with guitar fetish parts.
Speaking from experience, that's not saying much, at least when it comes to their no-name hardware.

But my Xaviere does have a Wikinson bridge and Schaller tuners (I think, or some other decent brand).

I haven't played an SX Tele. However the SX SST57 Stop Tail I reviewed for FrugalGuitarist.com is a keeper. I agree with the above post stating the gardware isn't top of the line (which you shouldn't expect at this price point). However, my guitar stays in tune admirably and intonates fine. There seem to be a great deal of mixed reviews regarding the consistency of their QA. I think they're a great competitor to the Squier VM and Mexi Fenders at 1/3 rd the price.

I reviewed Xaviere XV-820 Rosewood back in July and liked it. Solid build and good tones but be forewarned that the pickups are low output. That doesn't mean they sound bad, quite the contrary they sound great with excellent definition. However, you'll have to inch the gain up a notch or 2 higher than normal. Again, strong competitor to Squier VM and Fender Mexi.

SX vs Xaviere

I have an ash w/maple neck tele SX....I wanted the Xaviere also. The SX is OK but will need new saddles as mine will not intonate either and the hardware is cheap. I like the neck and the PU's are OK, tuners are OK but may replace them along with a new nut. I put those things in it will still be a few dollars cheaper than the Xaviere. Not to put down the Xaveire I like them alot. Rhondo ships cheaper. The SX strat with maple neck and P-90's is a killer....buy one right now...it is that good! Fat Ash Strat with HB's is also a great deal. The XV-500 Xaviere thinline is another great deal, it screams.
Bluz

I picked up one or the Xaviere XV-600 thin-line Teles with 2 Dream 180 pickups when they were clearing out the 2008 models. It's pretty light with the chambered body & 'F' hole and the frets really surprised me, they are very nicely finished, and the neck has a cool dark amber aged look.
I wired the Humbuckers to a couple of push/pull pots giving 2 individual volumes for the pickups and coil taps for single coil/H.bucking options.
Only gripe I have is that it shipped with extra light strings-.009-.042-too damn light for my taste!

Well thanks for those short reviews. I am definitely getting a Xaviere this week, just bummed out I couldnt get the one I wanted.
After an email exchange with them however I found out they have a few blem ones that have mismatched tops, so maybe...

Mike

So I ordered one of the last mismatched tops Teles they had left, I'll post pics and a short review once I get it.:)

Mike

So I ordered one of the last mismatched tops Teles they had left, I'll post pics and a short review once I get it.:)

Mike

Cool, I'd sure like to see the pictures-heres a picture of my XV600 in an outside shot this Summer...

IMG_1848.jpg

Back