Wurlitzer 720b

Seanmorse79

I just inherited (long story) a Wurlitzer 720b electronic piano. Apparently, it's the last of the wooden case models, just before the 200 series.

It needs some minor TLC - I believe a pot needs replacing, but it does work. I'm just about to move into a smaller place, and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth keeping or if I should just put it out by the curb at the end of the month. Any thoughts?

Okay, I just found out that it's the console model of the 120, and that they were built around 1962. When I turn it up a bit, it sounds ssoooo warm and full of character.

I'm starting to love the thing no matter what it's worth, but I just don't think I'm going to have room for it. Does anybody know if it's worth anything?

Don't tell me she's making you toss stuff already? :D

Seriously, I'm not a big Wurlie fan, but all those electro-mechanical instruments are going to go up in value, even if they're not worth a lot now. Worth keeping, worth maintaining. You won't be sorry.

Did I ever tell you my sob story about my Arp AXXE? I got $65. Regretted selling it from day one. Still do, 15 years later.

Jay

Hehe - actually she said we'd find room for it somehow (she's a keeper), but it's going to be way tight in the new crib as it is. "C'mon, kids - sit down at the piano and eat your breakfast" :)

That's good to hear though. I'll figure something out. Sounds too good to let it go. I have a year to stick it out - I'll have room for it after that.

Man... $65 ....that's a shame - those things are soooo cool. Lesson learned.

Back