WTF is this? Preamp? Patchbay?

It's definitley for routing signals, but it sure is strange. Seems to be a combo speaker switch box/patchbay.

Yeah...I read this...

"Found this in the back room of a music store. Essentially it is just a patchbay/routing system..... "

the rest is yada yada yada..... :)

Im stupid.....prolly gonna bid on it for kicks if it doesnt go too high. I ASPIRE TO MAKE MY STUDIO LOOK LIKE THE SS ENTERPRISE!!!!!!! LOL

that is pretty cool looking!

it looks like it has a 'crossover' part of the speaker outputs. i thought i was reading 'HF' 'MF' and 'LF' but i could be mistaken.

I would guess

that with a name like 'Demonstrator' that it was used to audition audio equipment in a store. Tape deck A through receiver C throught speakers B, then speakers G, then speakers H, then speakers B again, etc, etc.

I always wanted one of those. I guess a Central Station would sort of fill the bill, in a somewhat more limited fashion.

I would guess that cardio's guess is right on.

It's a demonstration switcher for displayed audio gear.

I was thinking I could use it to route my guitar signal from the control room out to all of my amps..... to A/B and combo them for differnt tones.

I'm thinking of picking it up so my son can play Submarine Sonar Operator under a couple of chairs with a bath towel thrown over them

MOFO Pro said:
I'm thinking of picking it up so my son can play Submarine Sonar Operator under a couple of chairs with a bath towel thrown over them
man, i wish i would have had one when i was a kid!

give him some 6" patch cables with it, and he'll leave you alone for days!

Back