Wtb Headphones

newatthis

I hope this dosent come across or count as a cross thread, but I am looking for a couple pair of headphones that are both decent and affordable. This will be for a project I am working on and for the other musicians to use and abuse.

Also, can anyone recommend a decent brand of headphone that they like? I know you get what you pay for, but I dont want to fork out $100.00/pr at this time.

Any recommendations of brands and models I could look into?

Thanks and Peace
AJ :cool:

Man when I was in middle school (like 1995 or so) I bought a pair of Koss headphones that were well padded, sounded good, and were only like $40.

They also have a volume knob on each earpad, so you can give your musicians some extra headroom for them to control too.

Look around for these. I wish I knew the model #. I'll try to remember and check when I get home b/c I still have these things and use them all the time for listening to music.

you may want to avoid "hi-fi" style headphones. I would stick with something that has been designed to handle the uncompressed source signals and peaks you will be sending it, and something that has been designed to withstand the rigors of studio use/abuse.

I'd take my pioneers vs. any "studio headphones" under $50 on the planet for standing up to rigors as I've stood up on them several times and they sound great and can handle really high signals so they're great for overdubs. Xstatic is right though, you may not want to base your mix on them, but as a reference point for the money, yes. They were actually designed to compete with Koss who made the studio standard of headphones back in the day, they just never really took off.

newatthis said:
I hope this dosent come across or count as a cross thread, but I am looking for a couple pair of headphones that are both decent and affordable. This will be for a project I am working on and for the other musicians to use and abuse.

Also, can anyone recommend a decent brand of headphone that they like? I know you get what you pay for, but I dont want to fork out $100.00/pr at this time.

Any recommendations of brands and models I could look into?

Thanks and Peace
I have some AKG's I'd be willing to part with for not huge money. They take some power though. I believe I have some K240 and some K141, but will double check if you're interested.

Hey Rick,,,Sure,.,..fire me off a PM with some prices and info.

People I do thank you all for the great input. I just went and bought 2 pair of the MoreMe Deluxe Studio Phones to try out. They were I think $30.00/pr. I ordered them off the link someone had listed above.

But I'll still buy some more from those who may want to sell.

Thanks again and Peace.

newatthis said:
I just went and bought 2 pair of the MoreMe Deluxe Studio Phones to try out. They were I think $30.00/pr. I ordered them off the link someone had listed above.

And they've already been shipped - should be there by Friday.

And you have 30 days or so to decide if you like them or not. If you don't like them, I'll refund your money.

Bill Furnett said:
Ppl helping ppl kicks ass. :)
Naw, it's just that I hate buying shit on the Internet without knowing if I'm even gonna like it or not. That's where the "30 days (or so)" trial period came from.

And that's where the two day Priority Shipping came from; I hate waiting for something I just bought.

Most of these "good deals" usually "getcha" on the outrageous shipping charges, so that if you return anything, you're still stuck with a big shipping charge.

When I return their money, I return the entire amount, including what I charged them for shipping. They can send them back the cheapest way possible, but that return cost is all they're out.

Fortunately, I haven't had to do that very much; the MoreMe's work well for most people.

I've bought stuff on ebay for $5 and had to pay a $30 shipping charge. When it arrived (obviously broken before they even shipped it), they'd say, "well, send it back and we'll refund your 5 bucks".

And I'm still getting amazed at how many big name studios are starting to use MoreMe headphones.

newatthis said:
Cool..now I am all fired up to get them... maybe I should get a couple more sets.?? :D

Peace and thanks Harvey ;)

Aj :cool:
Nah, make sure you like these first. They're kinda like the cockroaches of the audio world. Not the greatest headphones, but not the worst either. They'll keep working long after other headphones bite the dust.

WOW !!!! Harvey....that was quick shipping!! ;) Anyway, I just got them out of the box. They seem light enough, and fit pretty comfortable. (And I got a big head too...so they tell me...lol) :D

I just ran a couple minutes of a current mix I am doing through them, and I think they will work without a doubt for what I am after.

Now I was thinking I might test their durability and drop a set off the roof of the Studio and see how they hold up! ;) lol (kidding of course).

Anyway, I think these seem to be a great buy, and I already have guys in my band who are also now interested in a couple pair.

I'll keep you posted, and thanks again for the fast shipping and what seems to be a great deal on some decent phones!! ;)

I'll add this/you to the good guys list then.

Peace
Aj :cool:

newatthis said:
WOW !!!!Now I was thinking I might test their durability and drop a set off the roof of the Studio and see how they hold up! ;) lol (kidding of course).
Hey, go ahead and drop 'em, and report back what happened. If they break, I'll replace them, free. I tried that here, but we have grass around all the buildings, and they survived that drop (about 10 or 12 feet) just fine.

The MoreMe's are perfect for tracking - and also for not worrying about klutzes who don't know how to treat headphones properly.

I've never had any complaints about their frequency response, especially if I say something like, "Now these aren't the greatest cans in the world, but ....[insert studio psych-out phrase here]."

Originally Posted by newatthis
WOW !!!!Now I was thinking I might test their durability and drop a set off the roof of the Studio and see how they hold up! lol (kidding of course).

Originally Posted by Harvey Gerst
Hey, go ahead and drop 'em, and report back what happened. If they break, I'll replace them, free. I tried that here, but we have grass around all the buildings, and they survived that drop (about 10 or 12 feet) just fine.

Well the More Me Headphones faired out better then the drop test I just did with my Solid State Logic SSL 9096J Recording Console!!! It ended up in pieces!! LOL :D :D :( :rolleyes: Theres 250K down the drain!! :D

Me and my damn equipment durability tests!!! :eek:

Peace
Aj :D :cool:

newatthis said:
Well the More Me Headphones faired out better then the drop test I just did with my Solid State Logic SSL 9096J Recording Console!!! It ended up in pieces!! LOL :D :D :( :rolleyes: Theres 250K down the drain!! :D

Me and my damn equipment durability tests!!! :eek:

Peace
Aj :D :cool:

It's supposed to end up in pieces - it's all modular. :p

Back