WTB - Decent Mic Pre

newatthis

Ok,,,I am close to finishing my new Studio and I need at least one better then the average bread and butter mic preamp for my rack. I already have several pre's including my board which is a Mackie D8B, plus several other racked preamps (DBX, ART, M-Audio, Presonus, etc) but they all are along the same caliber as the D8B. Quiet and good enough to get it done, but I need one thats stands out.

I am looking for somethng a notch above the above listed, but not in the price range of the SSL or NEVE just yet. :rolleyes: Looking at maybe something along the lines of a Focusrite ISA 428, something maybe by Grace, True Systems, Audient, Toft.....something along those lines. :)

Anyone have something like this that they may want to part with, I will buy it or trade for something (I have a TON of toys to trade from Mics to Outboard gear to 16ch/24ch/32ch Consoles) or cash and trade combined. Dosent matter to me.

PM me with what you have, and lets talk.

Thanks and Stay safe,

AJ

Didn't I sell you an earthworks 1022? I have a trident S20 that I would part with.

Make me an offer

I need mics maybe a decent ribbon or a few more compressors.

Eric

Hey all,

Sorry for not getting back fast in responding, but this Studio build I am doing, has me running bell to bell. Thanks for the replys and offers on a decent Mic Pre, and basically what I am doing is running these options past my 2 engineers since they will be using them the most. This new studio is basically going to be a passive income for me as the owner, but I have pro engineers who will be renting the room for tracking in it most of the time. (These are also the same guys who said I need to find a decent mic pre, as I am doing). So I will reply as soon as they give me their input on your offers. ;)

Also, I just saw on gearslutz that Myriad you have your Germanium "sold"....correct??

Thanks again and I will respond within the next couple days. ;)

AJ

UPDATE:

Thanks to all those who sent me offers on Mic Pre's. I ended up buying 3 GRACE DESIGN Mic Preamps (1- single channel & 1 dual channel) which should do the trick for now. ;)

Thanks again all
AJ

Back