Wrong clock speed

MessianicDreams

Ok, I know it's been covered before, and I've even helped people to solve the problem, but I've been in the studio for 14hrs today and just can't think my way through this one. Serious case of being totally brain dead.

So, here's what happened. Normally recording session, done at 44.1kHz. Mid way through, I have to open a session file at 48k. Not a problem - switch the master clock to 48, proceed as normal.

The problem happened when I returned to a 44.1k session. 10 hours of work, and my brain forgets to remind to me to switch the clock back. So I've now got audio that was recorded at 44.1k but at clocked at 48k.

What do I do to make it worrkkkkk???? Please help me :)

Never had this one myself dude, but I think what you need to do is:

File>Save Copy In...

Then make sure that the destination session is with the correct parameters. You'll then need to choose whether the audio needs resampling etc.

I think this is right anyway...

I hope this helps man.

Actually, there's an easier way to do it. All i needed was a bit of sleep! I'll post my solution incase anyone searches for this:

The file just wants playing back at a 48k clock speed. So, simply create a new session (at 48k), and import the audio. PT will THINK the audio is 44.1k and will want to SRC up to 48k. So, in the import audio window, unclick the "apply SRC" box. PT will tell you the audio will play back at the wrong speed - which is what we want.

It would've helped if the piece wasn't a solo cello piece "La Sarabande" which makes it very hard to judge if the speed was correct :P

Back