wow...a comp cd?

gibs

cobwebs.......perhaps one can assume that no news is in reality good news?...or perhaps not?..........(cricket sounds)........gibs

Heya, Gibs!

Yup, Slack is finishing up on the CompCD (knock on wood). I think it came to $22.00, in case you haven't ordered yet.

How are things with you? Hope everything is working out for the best... I'll try to remember to pray for you and your mom...

Uh, Kelly, actually, I'm on the thing, unless the powers that be decided to drop me....I'm the weakest link on the compilation, by the way.....but there is some great music by the rest.......I was just being curious about some kind of update on when it's gonna hit the mailbox, that's why I posted....no replies, so I guess Slack thinks I was being too pushy....whatever......

Mom's doing really well....mass is now non-progressive and shrinking, she's eating better, and she has an energy level that is almost like it was before she got the stuff.......thanks for yer thoughts.....gibs

Actually, I made all sorts of changes, then completely finished it....but I guess I must have forgotten to tell everyone! Silly me! :) :)

Are we still using that photo of my sack for the cover art?

Uh, Slack told you guys about that last minute change, right?

Hey Q, you know, that one is my favorite! I just didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings...

Back to the comp CD: Will this be the actual comp cd? Or will this be the HomeRecording.comp CD modeler?

"...we have the technology, we can rebuild him..."

modeler?....I thought it was gonna have a built-in browser with free internet service..........damn....learn something new every day........gibs

The comp CD is the big homerecording.com joke :)

The first one is almost like 2 years in the making, but due to come out very soon. I will announce when it is available to purchase.

Whether there will be future comp CD's any time in the near future is a hard thing to say. Depends on a lot of things. If you read back in this forum a few months, you should be able to gather some good info about this project.

Slackmaster 2000

I have the same question as Bob Moore. Slackmaster2k, this is a dummy question but how do we go back a few months? Gee, isn't there a quicker answer? 2 years in the making? My husband is great at that kind of stuff, maybe you guys need his help.

Yo' T of Langley, have you tried using the "SEARCH" function
inputting the words "Compilation C/D" ?
If not, go to bottom of page and use the "advanced paged" arrow.

Hello MISTERQCUE, and thank you! I used the advanced arrow and went back to September of 2000. The search thing didn't work (It didn't like Compilation CD, or Compilation, it hated CD and when it finally found something, I found myself right back here at this latest post). I don't know maybe i'm just too tired right now cause it kept taking me to all sorts of places. Anyway, I hope the restriction for exculding people from the cd by the count of how many posts are made is not so strict. Also, it may make you lose some of your buyers since people not included on the cd may buy one if they think they may at some point want to participate. Maybe they'll at least let the Juniors in.

Hiya Langley,
Try searching for "comp CD" you will probably get many hits. We are not trying to avoid the questions that you and Bob Moore have asked, but these issues have been hashed, re-hashed, hashed again, corn beef hashed, etc.

You will also probably see in your search results that this is the first comp CD, there has been talk of more in the future - perhaps your husband can help out there ;) - but I think you will see when you read the posts, this is no easy job that Slack has taken on. Lot more work than just burning CD's with everyone's tunes on them. There is artwork, mastering, contracts (or 'agreements' if you will), getting all contributors to send in the material - money to front the production - liner note info - contact info, etc. Not to mention the overall time to organize all of the above mentioned stuff. I believe when Slack took this on, he said something to the effect of "If were gonna do it, let's do it right" So that is why it has taken a long time. I'm happy waiting because I know a lot of work is going into it. Anyway, just thought I'd drop in my thoughts on this. sorry - I go now.

Brad

No Slack Here

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your response! I read a good deal of those posts until I was exhausted myself instead of poor slackmaster. Anyway, I am not new to the process of what it takes to make a cd. Like I said before, my husband has experience in this and the people he has made cd's for have no idea of the many hours of work that goes into it. In fact, i was surprised that so many people here didn't seem to understand the task slackmaster has set for himself. I hope it all goes well and I bet the cd will be excellent!! You guys better be sure and give Mr. Slack the credit he is due.

p.s. Brad how do you make the emoticons show in the body of your text? I know dumb question.

Back