Would USB Exentions cause any noise?

possibly or worse

Heres the point.. I've run out of soundcards, I may only have two but i dont have any more space to put some in..
... If i was to get a USB extention plug so that i can plug in more would it generate any noise going in for my monitors?

possibly
worse - some devices dont like to run on extensions
dont know why just that sometimes that happens
maybe a powered expansion would be better

when there is more cable there is more room for noise to leak in and is worse with more connectors

its cheap
you need expansion
try it

Heres the point.. I've run out of soundcards, I may only have two but i dont have any more space to put some in...

That doesn't make sense. You've "run out of soundcards" but you have two. You only need one. I only have one.
???
That's like saying you have run out of milk and you only have two gallons, but you're out, but you have two... :confused:

... If i was to get a USB extention plug so that i can plug in more would it generate any noise going in for my monitors?

USB extension cables don't make any noise. Zero.

I got a Belkin pci card that added 5 USB plugs to my computer. My monitor has 2 and so does my computer, so now I have 9 USB ports. Plus I use 2 6' USB extensions and it all works fine.

That doesn't make sense. You've "run out of soundcards" but you have two. You only need one. I only have one.
???
That's like saying you have run out of milk and you only have two gallons, but you're out, but you have two... :confused:
extensions and it all works fine.

I'm running 2 line ins from the headphone outputs to my mixer to control the volumes.

What are you doing?
recording instuments, vocals, or just doing midi projects with loops and virtual instruments?

I your are recording vocals and instruments you need an interface
with mic inputs jacks and pre amps?

Figure out what you can afford and go from there.

Back