Would like opinions on Behringer B-2 pro and SP B-1

RCAGuy05

Still feeling floundered guys, would like to hear from those who actually have them! :)
Is it really worth it to get the Behringer B-2 pro as opposed to getting the Studio Projects B-1? Those who own both what differences do you sight?
My applications for them would be micing vocals,drums overhead and acoustic guitar. Once again I've heard more than one response that the B-2 pro is Behringer's complete exception to the rule and when a/b'd with a U87 were found to be similar.

Maybe you should just get both :p :D

Seriously though, they are both very good for their price. I dont own either but I've heard both. In this range I dont think you could go wrong if you just picked one blindfolded. If your like many, it probably wont be the last mic you buy and you can contrast either one in a future upgrade.

RCAGuy05 said:
when a/b'd with a U87 were found to be similar.

as in you can connect an XLR cable into both....
OH NO...WAIT....They both have a round metal body with a mesh grill covering the capsul....

thajeremy said:
OH NO...WAIT....They both have a round metal body with a mesh grill covering the capsul....

I think they're both microphones too, right? :confused: :p

thajeremy said:

Yes, but one is tapered, like a U87 and the other is more like a cylinder! Therefore, the tapered one is more like a U87 even though the other one sounds better! :D :D :D

I guess what we are trying to say is don't compare chinese mics to a u87. Nobodys buying it. The two mics you are comparing I have never heard but I don't want to. I've found some nicely priced gear that is meeting my needs, including DBX 160A, ADK Hamburg, NTK, John Hardy, Phoenix, ASC, FMR, Kurzweil, Brauner, AT, SP, AKG, rstuvwxyz.
Now don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. (name the movie for rep points)

Back